Skip to main content.

planet earth
Filer's Files
By George Filer

MUFON Eastern Region Director
October 28, 1999

George Filer:
See all the photos at:



CAPE CANAVERAL -- The first human to set foot on a place beyond Earth found an airless, waterless, lifeless world. Nevertheless, Neil Armstrong is convinced life thrives elsewhere in the cosmos. "We have no proof," said Armstrong, who stepped onto the moon 30 years ago. "But if we extrapolate, based on the best information we have available to us, we have to come to the conclusion that other life probably exists out there and perhaps in many places." Thanks to Todd Halvorson of Florida Today


BROOKFIELD - Morgan Clements Director of WWUFORC reports that a witness observed a Flying Triangle craft on October 22, 1999. The witness stated, " I have seen these triangle aircraft several times." I was just walking home in the woods behind where I live from scouting deer for the upcoming hunting season. It was getting pretty dark, so I was in a hurry and got tired walking up the final hill. I stopped to take a quick breather at 7:30 PM. When all of a sudden one then two, three and then four Flying Triangle craft went right by me in the bottom of the small valley. They were totally silent and appeared to be sneaking through the valley. They were triangular in shape and about 75 feet long and as wide. There were no outside lights, but being so close to them I could tell there was lighting inside. I was scared! All of a sudden three large noisy planes came screaming by as if they were chasing the triangles. This is the second night I've seen these craft. I thought I saw two craft the weeks before, but they caught me off guard. I caught them going over the ridge, but was not quite sure what I'd seen. Morgan Clements Director, World Wide UFO Reporting Center


DOVER - On October 23, 1999, Anjali Shalit was driving west on Route 10 towards Dover. Anjali wrote, " In the Parsippany area I noticed an extremely bright light which appeared to be stationary in the sky at 10:10 PM." I thought it might be a plane heading directly towards me and looked for blinking lights. I saw, very faintly, a blinking blue light to (my) left near the object. I'm not sure there was one on the right. There was almost a full moon and the light was perhaps between a quarter and a third of the size of the moon. It was not quite as big as the end of my thumb at arm's length. It was much brighter than any star or planet I've seen in the sky, and certainly much closer and stationary as I drove on. I had the light in view for about 5 minutes and when I looked again, there were two. A second light, appeared horizontally across from the first. I saw no small blue blinking light associated with the second light. The second light was maybe half way up to my elbow from the tips of my fingers. The luminosity of both lights appeared identical. Again, there appeared to be no movement. I think I must have watched them for about ten minutes and then they disappeared. Thanks to Anjali Shalit,


PENSACOLA BEACH – On October 9, 1999, the witnesses were Red fishing in Pensacola Pass when a strangely configured craft came into view over Fort Pickens State Park at an altitude of 200 feet at a quarter of a mile. The witnesses are an ex-USAF Security Policeman and a retired US Army Chopper pilot presently a city police officer. The UFO was traveling west over the Gulf of Mexico in a Zig Zag fashion at 7:57 PM. The craft flew slow 100 to 300 knots sliding south and back to north in a continuing forward motion. The craft moved in a Z pattern erratic with no sound. It seemed to be suspended in flight at various positions. The craft was silent with high intensity blue arcing lights that fluctuated around the entire craft. These lights resembled electrical charges coming off an alternator's brushes. Further observation revealed three larger lights in a triangle configuration dimly lit with variable output glowing blue to pale yellow. The UFO appeared triangular in shape but this might be a deception as skin structure could not be seen. The FM radio receiver suffered extreme static during event. The craft changed locations in split seconds covering distances of approximately half a mile to over a two miles instantaneously. At least four times it hovered for 30 seconds with longest delay of about a minute and a half over the southwestern boundary of Pensacola Naval Air Station. One Aircraft was launched from Sherman Field about three minutes into event but, seemed unaware of the UFO and turned away in an easterly direction. When the UFO was first observed a trailing sound of a helicopter could be heard but never could be observed. The UFO left the area after fifteen minutes at 8:12 PM local time moving west along the coast. One witness suffered from nausea for about 10 minutes but the other was fine. "I have never seen a conventional craft operate in this manner nor has my friend." Thanks to Peter Davenport, UFO Reporting Center,


ASHLAND - On October 25, 1999, Jessica, 21 states, "I was walking my dog at 6:00 PM, and saw three orbs hovering over Lake Superior for about three minutes." "They flew off over the hills across the bay." Thanks to: Morgan Clements Director, World Wide UFO Reporting Center


HITCHCOCK -- Shelley Ritter writes: "My husband, our two children and I went out target practicing, three miles west of Hitchcock on October 24, 1999. At 6:45 PM, we noticed a jet with contrails. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere appeared a shiny round metallic object that was visible for about 45 seconds, it disappeared for about 30 seconds and then reappeared for another 45 seconds. The object was round, shiny, and extremely bright. It was about 3 to 5 miles away and about the size of a BB held out at arm's length. We thought that it was unusually strange that the sun was setting behind it, but it was still shiny towards us, instead of having a shadow. Thanks to Shelley Ritter.


SANTA FE - On October 3, 1999, My girlfriend her friend and I were sitting in the hot tub enjoying the sunrise at 6:00 AM, when both of us saw a bright light moving very fast from south to north. It seemed to be around 3,000 feet above ground and was not blinking like a plane. It was going north much faster than any jet. It only took about 25 seconds to go from horizon to horizon. Thanks to Morgan Clements Director, WWUFORC at


SAN JUAN MOUNTAINS -- Michael Curta State Director of Colorado MUFON reports that Armando had a visual sighting in Ouray and San Miguel County on October 10, 1999. Armando states, "At 7:05 PM, I was hiking along a ridge, in a southerly route after sunset to return to camp. I heard what I thought was a whoosh, whoosh, whoosh, of a bird flying overhead. I looked up and saw what I first thought was a satellite, but the light would suddenly vary it's speed, not traveling at a constant rate. Also, I realized it was nearer to the mountains, which were still quite visible. As the point of light approached the horizon line, I figured the reflection would disappear, and it did, in two to three seconds, The light traveled across the entire mountain range from Whitehouse Mt. to Mt. Sneffels. I estimate it was traveling between 10 to 40 miles per second. Less than ten minutes later two military aircraft (my assumption) were flying in a similar course, parallel to each other, 50 miles apart at an altitude too low for commercial planes in a mountainous region. Thanks to Michael Curta and Arechiga


Initial reports indicate an apparently very large triangle was seen by two commercial jets on October 26, 1999, over Western US. The planes were 100 miles from each other, and the object passed between them, and overtaking them, headed east. Both pilots reported that the object was "huge. It was as big as their fists held at arm's length. Thanks to: Peter B. Davenport, Director National UFO Reporting Center PO Box 45623 University Station Seattle, WA 98145


On July 7, 1947, Colonel Blanchard, Commander of the 509th Bomb Wing at Roswell announced the Army had recovered a flying saucer and it was being sent to Fort Worth, Texas. On July 8, 1947, some debris from the alleged saucer was flown from Roswell to Fort Worth aboard an aircraft and met by Col. Thomas DuBose. He carried the debris to 8th Air Force Commander, General Roger Ramey's office. J. Bond Johnson a photographer for the Fort Worth Star Telegram was sent to General Ramey's office to photograph the debris. When J. Bond Johnson entered the General's office he was met by Col. DuBose who suggested that he unwrap the debris, while DuBose looked for the General. Bond spread the debris out on the floor to set up his photo session. Later the General arrived holding a message. Photographs were taken of General Ramey, Col. DuBose and Intelligence Officer Major Marcel with the debris. These photographs are virtually the only public evidence that remains of the debris. They were used throughout the Air Force's reports and explanations as proof that the debris was a Mogul balloon and a kite like RAWIN radar reflector. One glimpse at the photographs has convinced many the debris was paper covered with thin metallic sheets of foil and a few sticks of balsa wood that was a RAWIN reflector.

RPIT Director and now retired Colonel J. Bond Johnson writes: "Almost fifty years later the international Roswell Photo Interpretation Team (RPIT) has undertaken to evaluate these photographs." Neil Morris, senior photo interpretation specialist and a veteran technical staff member of the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester in England, is an original member of the RPIT group. Morris and the RPIT group for more than a year have carefully compared every part described in detailed blueprints of the MOGUL and RAWIN devices with Roswell debris pieces displayed and photographed. The RPIT members have been unable to associate any of the pieces examined through the use of modern computer enhancement techniques with any parts expected to be found in a MOGUL/RAWIN crash. Morris and with others have made some amazing discoveries. They have determined that key parts of the debris contains hieroglyphic like writing. What originally was reported to be thin, paperbacked foil and solid wooden sticks -- such as might be found in a MOGUL/RAWIN train -- actually appears to be thick, massive sheeting attached to carefully formed and drilled hollow beams. The beams are covered with very unusual glyphs, which are undergoing further examination. Neil Morris states "I realize some people have concluded that the RPIT project is nothing more than a wild goose chase reading symbols into "smudge" marks etc. But I hope you will take the time to go to the RPIT web sites to see some of the new discoveries." Some of the debris looks like a saw cut through thick aluminum. This does not look like any part of a Mogul Balloon train. It looks like a saw cut or fracture in the metal. I live in the Northwest of Britain in the area that gave rise to the "Industrial Revolution," the builders of the 18/19th century where "cast iron" was often used. It has a grainy, crystalline structure, when subjected to high impact as from a demolition hammer it gives just this brittle type of fractured edge. I'm not for one-second saying this is cast iron, I'm just suggesting whatever it is might have similar properties of structure, e.g., tough, crystalline almost ceramic like, but when pushed beyond it's limits brittle, like smashed pottery. Some of these type of fractures can also be observed on the broken ends of some of the "sticks." I also wonder if this thick material is all solid, if you check the thickness around some of the edges you can see that it varies, thinning out in areas which seem to have sustained additional damage. Shadows cast onto the edges also seem to hint that the surfaces of the edges are not all flat, but sometimes slightly "hollowed out" as though an inner "softer" core material might have been eroded by whatever process generated the initial fracture damage. I'm left with the conclusion that this _is_ a large piece of 1/2 inch thick material which is totally at odds with the "usual" explanations for the debris. Morris states, "I'm not saying it's ET at this point, but as sure as hell it's not part of a Mogul balloon train!" But_ When numerous details within these images fail to match the official blueprints of the ML307a- radar reflector nominated by the USAF as being identified as the cause of the wreckage within these images, I start to smell a rat. I have footage of the MOGUL launches showing the train configuration, I have details of the equipment packages and instruments they carried, I see none of this in the images, I therefore conclude, in my opinion, this is _not_ MOGUL debris. Thanks to: Neil Morris and RPIT Project Director James Bond Johnson,

Editor's Note: At first glance I'll admit the debris looks like a RAWIN radar reflector. However, the new findings of the fracture damage to thick metal infers a strong impact with the ground. Several military witnesses describe a large and long crash site that matches this finding. Again the damage to the debris indicates something crashed at high speed or in a free fall from a high altitude. This discovery tends to rule out a Mogul balloon train that normally settles to Earth comparatively gently. These structures only fracture with an explosion or from a high speed impact. These photographs are evidence that tends to prove something other that a MOGUL RAWIN kite like device is in the photographs. If Neil's analysis is correct its apparent thick half inch beams were not used in the Mogul according to the Army Air Force's own specifications. I congratulate Neil Morris and members of the RPIT team for their findings. This debris is much more likely to be part of some type of a craft, but certainly not part of the Mogul balloon. The RPIT discoveries are at and


Excellent researcher Wendy Connors of Project Sign has obtained a taped interview with Colonel Andrew Hemstreet, that states Alfred Loedding was sent to Roswell, and was the only one at T-2 to know the whole story. In 1947, T-2's job was to acquire, collect, analyze and produce foreign aerospace scientific intelligence for the Army Air Force. It later became the Foreign Technology Division. Civilian aeronautical engineer Loedding was an expert in such areas as Vertical Takeoff aircraft, the hydro bomb, rockets/fuel and low aspect ratio aircraft. Documents show Colonel Howard McCoy sent Loedding to the Pentagon as the first liaison between T-2 Intelligence and the AF Office of Intelligence (AFOIN). This was done in July 1947 because General McDonald wanted someone to work with Dr. Charles Carroll in setting up the preliminary outline for a formal and parallel project to investigate the "flying disc" phenomenon that was rapidly developing. Loedding's expertise was necessary because at the time the "boys at the Pentagon" were of the opinion that the discs were advanced technology from Russia and invading US airspace. Loedding wouldn't tell any of them what he knew, even though the Roswell incident was a big topic of conversation with the T-2 boys and Loedding had been sent there. Wendy says, "I had nowhere to go with this statement since it was only his memory and really no way to back it up." Then, from out of nowhere, during a discussion with a new source who knew Loedding well (worked next to him for years), stated that Loedding was not the one ordered to Roswell at the time of the incident. (This source did not know of Hemstreet's admission at the time because neither of us told him.) I was given the name of this person. The Roswell crash is not a dead issue? In my mind, it certainly should be maintained as a valid exercise in Ufological research because at least one person from T-2 was ordered to go to Roswell by Colonel McCoy. Two separate confirmations by two different people who did not know what the other had said.

Wendy says, "Our research is on-going. Many yelling for the end of the Roswell research don't have a clue to the reality of actual research." They sold out way too short when there are questions that still need answers. I do understand the simple concept that until enough documentation or circumstantial evidence is presented the Mogul theory, or any other theory can and should be questioned. Theories exist and efforts should be to prove their validity. It is important that those researchers, so inclined, be allowed to continue their work. Those who call themselves researchers who have not either been to Roswell, submitted FOIA's or even talked personally to some of the people involved, have no valid opinion except their own belief system or what they gleen from the work of others. Nothing more. I don't think it was a flying saucer that crashed, but something damn well important happened and that exceeded the secrecy of a balloon laying tattered on the ground. Thanks to: Wendy Conners.

Editor's Note: Congratulations to Wendy on some great research. It seems rather doubtful that Colonel McCoy would send aeronautical engineer Loedding from Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio to Roswell, New Mexico to investigate a Mogul Balloon. The balloon train was not classified, only its mission to listen for Soviet nuclear explosions was classified. T-2 personnel were not balloon experts, their expertise was aircraft. Its reasonable to assume that Loedding flew to Roswell saw the wreckage and flew to the Pentagon to brief his findings to the general staff. He was then appointed key man for further technical study of flying discs. Loedding later patented a disc shaped aircraft that is capable of flight. It seems logical that his patent was based on what he saw at Roswell.

THE GREAT UFO/ET AUTUMN FESTIVAL will be held at the Days Inn, Bordentown, NJ by Pat Marcattilio on October 30 and 31. Speakers include Antonio Huneeus, Steven Basset, Peter Robins, Wendelle Stevens, myself and many others. Call (609) 631-8955 for reservations.

RECOGNIZING ABDUCTION EXPERIENCES PROGRAM October 30th in Sedona, Arizona featuring Derrel Sims with Robert Dean and Dr. Ruth Mckinley-Hover Conference begins at 10 AM and ends at 10 PM Lunch is included. Learn the signs and symptoms of having been abducted. Explore both human and alien motives behind the experience. Develop healing and Spiritual techniques for coping and expanding the human potential. By Derrel Sims, see Dr. Chet Snow's website at:


All real estate agents are not the same? Some real estate agents or sales representatives are part timers and inexperienced. Others are experts with an excellent experience and capabilities. When you are selling or buying your home, you need to make sure you have the best real estate agent working for you before you make any important financial decisions on one your biggest investments! Remember, the majority of people do not know the right questions to ask, and what pit falls can cause major problems. Picking the right real estate agent can be a wonderful experience, and picking the wrong one can be a big mistake that can waste your time and cost you thousands! Find out, "What you need to understand before hiring any real estate agent!" These are the questions that many agents do not want you to ask. Learn how you can obtain the best real estate agent for your needs. To get a free copy of this report, just call (609) 654-0020 or e-mail us at We can also help you with your own or corporate Worldwide Relocation to Australia, Benelux, Canada, Cayman Islands, England, France, Guam, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Puerto Rico, and all 50 states of the United States. We also have help with associates that speak languages other than their native tongue.

US GOVERNMENT UFO PROOF RELEASED: Audio tapes of a genuine UFO Alert at Edwards Air Force base and studied by the Foreign Technology Division at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, are now available for distribution to the public. Lunar Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell was at Edwards the night the UFO chase occurred. The 6th person to walk on the moon said, "The night it happened I investigated it myself and this was a real event." Sam Sherman's audio documentary tape called THE EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE ENCOUNTER on the night of October 7, 1965, uses the actual voice recordings provided by the Air Force. During this event 12 high tech luminous UFOs invade secure air space and came down low over the runways at Edwards AFB. Tower operator Sgt. Chuck Sorrels spotted them and notified the Air Defense Command. Sgt. Sorrels is heard on the original tapes and in a new segment where he verifies the event as it is heard on the archival recordings. The UFOs are described and a decision is made to launch F-106 fighter interceptors. You are there for an important part of UFO history. Hear it for yourself, it's the best UFO tape ever made. Tape cost is $14.95 each plus $2.00 for shipping -- total $16.95 --(for overseas orders-out of US - add $6.00 shipping cost -- total -- $20.95) you can send either a personal check or money order to: Independent International Pictures Corp, Box 565, Dept. GF, Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857.


For more detailed monthly investigative reports subscribe by contacting


Filer's Files Copyright 1999 by George A. Filer, all rights reserved. Readers may post items from the Files on their Websites provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue that the item appeared.

Send your letters to me at If you wish to keep your name confidential please so state.

George A. Filer and

Please subscribe or see the Filer's Files website for images in this weeks issue.