Chile: Eyewitness Describes Encounter With Strange Creature
Translation (c) 2004. Scott Corrales
The Journal of Hispanic Ufology
September 2, 2004
SOURCE: Diario la Región de Coquimbo
DATE: September 1, 2004
** Eduardo Vega told Diario La Region of the experience he underwent with his brother in the month of July**
LA SERENA -- In its Wedensday, September 1 edition, Diario La Region de Coquimbo published an interview with Eduardo Vega, one of the witnesses to the mysterious appartion of a creature with non-human characteristics in the El Panul de Coquimbo (4th Region of Chile). Part of this interview is reproduced below.
- So, what were you fellows doing in that place?
- We own property and whenever we can we visit it to do some work. In this case, along with my brother Francisco, who is the shift supervisor at the Pelambres Mine (Electrical) we had gone out to receive ad install slabs on the property.
- And then what happened?
- It was around 10:00 a.m. when my brother Francisco, who was some 20 meters away from the three of us, shouted desperately: "Come, come!" ... I got scared and we ran over. He pointed toward a spot and that's when we saw this humanoid figure, which I can't describe otherwise.
- Don Eduardo, what did that figure look like?
- It stood some 80 cm tall. Shiny, red. Its head was large but we couldn't make out any eyes or mouth. The figure looked like a small person, a child perhaps wearing a diver's outfit, with its arms close to the trunk and its legs together.
- How could you estimate its height?
- I told you, I'm a master welder...
- Where was the figure? How far away from you?
- Some 20 meters from us and some 20 meters of the ground. My brother Francisco says he saw it walking and then it took off some 20 meters [into the air].
- How much time went by?
- Like I told you, some 12 to 15 minutes. Out of that time the figure was motionless some seven minutes. It didn't move at all.
- And you just looked at it...
- Of course, we didn't even move. Some words were exchanged among the gentlemen who were with us, who were just as surprised. They noticed that some sort of sparks or lights were coming out of the head this image or person or I-don't-know-what. I would say that the they were like the sparks that come out of certain exhaust pipes when they're very hot.
- How many figures were there?
- Only one. It was only ever one.
- Do you know if someone [else] could have seen it?
- No. In fact, we even thought it might be the infamous Chupacabras, because there's a henhouse nearby. But no, nothing happened.
Translation (c) 2004
Institute of Hispanic Ufology
Special thanks to Liliana Núñez.
UFOINFO would like to thank Scott Corrales (Inexplicata) and UFO UpDates for granting permission to use this article. To keep up to date with follow-up reports and discussions you are advised to subscribe to UFO UpDates by contacting Errol Bruce-Knapp at: http://ufoupdateslist.com
Copyright © UFOINFO
Articles are Copyright of the Author or Compiler