Russian Crash Retrieval Report
by Anton Anfalov
Location. Kiev, Ukraine
Date: Summer 1947
During reconstruction work in the city of Kiev that was substantially ruined during World War II, construction workers sifting through the ruin's foundations accidentally stumbled upon an extraordinary object at the location where the Kiev conservatory was located.
The object was buried 5-6 meters underground. The strange object was a silvery, seamless streamlined cylinder arrow-shaped object, about 3-3.5 meters in diameter and 5-6 meters long. Its rear part was evenly cut apparently torn from the other part of the object. The object had auxiliary narrow attachments on its sides that gave the object the appearance of an arrow.
The finding was excavated and military field engineers were called out. The site was immediately cordoned off. It was speculated that the object could be some foreign missile. In top secrecy, the object was loaded upon a truck platform, covered by a tarpaulin and transported from the Ukraine to a Russian location named Podlipki, a place located northeast of Moscow (later this city was called Kaliningrad and now it is the town of Korolyev in the vicinity of Moscow). There, the first Soviet missile research center was established.
The finding received the most detailed study. It was established that the object had been underground for several thousands of years (approximately 3,000 to 5,000 years). In fact the object was originally found in the XIX century or at the beginning of the XX century, long before the October 1917 Revolution by the famous archeologist Vikentiy Khvoyka who discovered the so- called Tripolian culture.
The scientist ordered location to be dug up as deep as possible; it was very difficult to extract the object from the hole in the ground.
The governor of Kiev was invited by the Tsarist Police and authorities to examine the finding. He attentively inspected the object, but ordered buried again since he did not dare take responsibility for such an extraordinary object impossible to explain or study during that time. In 1947, Soviet scientists and pioneer missile designers were lucky to be able to study the re-discovered object with all its equipment in their laboratory in Podlipki.
Upon examination it was established that only the front cockpit section of the craft had been found. Originally the craft must have been around 11-12 meters long. Unfortunately the engine compartment was in the stern part that was never found. The front section had been cut away as if by a laser beam. The craft was obviously not of terrestrial origin and of non-human manufacture, since it had 2 small chairs for two very small pilots that had been obviously 1.2 meters in height (the cabin was empty and the bodies were never found). Sophisticated equipment, control instruments with levers, buttons, etc and panels found inside.
The strangest thing was the unknown inscription in an unknown language found inside the cabin. After deciphering the language it was determined to have been ancient Sanskrit - or the ancient Indian language.
Later speculation was that the object was some kind of ancient 'Vimana' described in ancient Indian manuscripts like the 'Vimanika Shastra', etc.
Sergey Pavlovich Korolyev, who later became an academician and a famous Soviet missile designer, headed the group that was created in top secrecy to study the discovered alien spacecraft. Reportedly he said to his colleagues about the finding, 'The eye can see, but the teeth can't chew'. This obviously referring to the fact that the craft was extremely advanced above the level of science and technology of the USSR in 1947, and very little of its structure could be understood and almost nothing could be replicated. Despite that, something was apparently learned. Extensive reverse engineering of the alien craft was conducted in 50's, 60's and 70's.
Eventually, the finding considerably promoted Soviet missile and space technology, including the design of metal alloys, instrumental design, control systems and some construction elements. Amazingly and shockingly to the West, 10 years after the Kiev finding, in 1957 Korolyev launched the first satellite (Sputnik) to space and in 1961 - Yuri Gagarin was the first human astronaut. This was done by a country almost completely ruined and exhausted by Stalin's repressions and by World War II and was considerably behind the USA in aviation, space and missile technology.
When Soviet scientists were able to US laser equipment, several parts from the object still being stored at Kaliningrad were cut from the craft and sent out for detailed analysis.
This story was leaked by Mr. V Sukhoveev, resident of Kiev, whose father (a known linguist) was called to decipher the inscriptions found onboard the object. In 1962 S P Korolyev was also called to examine another fragment of a crashed UFO found in Orenburg Province southern Urals.
Source: Local Press, V Suhoveeva's testimony, Lenura Azizova
[UFOINFO Note: This report was sent to me by Albert Rosales in early December 2003 but somehow got overlooked.]
Copyright © UFOINFO
Articles are Copyright of the Author or Compiler