Skip to main content.

UFO Roundup/UFOINFO Logo

Number 4
March 11, 1996
Editor: Joseph Trainor

Not for nothing is this called "the paper that goes home." There's a lot of UFO news out there this week, and we're bringing it right into your living room.


At about 9:15 p.m. on Sunday, March 3, 1996, two teenaged boys in Cedar Hill, Texas looked out an upstairs window and saw a triangular UFO hovering above the prairie a mile away. Cedar Hill is a suburb of Dallas, located southwest of the city, just south of Duncanville. The UFO was seen northwest of Cedar Hill, well beyond the intersection of Love Freeway (Highway 67) and Belt Line Road (Highway 1382). Just beyond the site lies a man-made reservoir called Joe Pool Lake.

According to the eyewitnesses, the UFO was joined by two other triangular objects. Each of the triangular UFOs had bright lights on the stern. The trio floated around in the air about twenty degrees above the horizon. At 9:20 or so, they were joined by six dark gray spherical UFOs. These objects had blue and white lights at the "equators" of their globes. The nine UFOs hovered there for another few minutes. Then the triangular UFOs ascended one by one, rising in the direction of the moon, while the circular UFOs scattered in all directions.


The shuttle Columbia landed yesterday morning following a spaceflight marred by bad luck. NASA kept the shuttle in orbit an extra day because of bad weather at the field at Cape Canaveral. The shuttle attempted to deploy a $442 million U.S./Italian satellite at the end of a 12-mile tether in order to generate inflight electricity from Earth's magnetic field. But the experiment flopped when the tether broke on February 25.

The night of February 25, CNN had its camera trained on the broken end of the tether while the anchorman chatted with the Italian scientist who created it. At precisely 7:04 p.m. Pacific time (11:04 p.m. Eastern time), a mysterious object darted into the camera's field of view, moving from the upper right corner to the center of the screen. One UFO buff had his VCR running at the time and captured two minutes of video. That's 3,600 frames showing the UFO. The clearest view of the UFO takes place during the 7:05 p.m. minute. Using screen freeze and blowup features, our UFO buff has found an image of a top-shaped light yellow UFO, quite similar to the object videotaped in Mexico City in 1994. He is now in the process of digitizing the image and will soon put it on the Internet. For more information, email


A gigantic rectangular UFO was seen by hundreds of people the night of January 27, 1996 near Vera Cruz, Mexico. At around 10 p.m., during a thunderstorm, the UFO approached the city's harbor from the northeast. Witnesses said they saw two bright flashes in the night sky before the UFO crossed the beach. The object might have been taking advantage of the lightning bolts, using their electromagnetic pulse to duck the NORAD and Mexican radar systems.

One eyewitness who saw the huge object was Pedro Alaniz, a cropdusting pilot from Texas who has 20/20 vision. Alaniz was driving a semi on Camino (Highway) 180, heading south to Alvarado, when he saw the UFO. He said the object was flying from the northeast to the southwest at a speed of 200 miles per hour. He estimated that its altitude was 600 feet.

Alaniz gave a very detailed description of the UFO, reporting that the object's front end was as flat and square as a box. The UFO was approximately 100 yards long, with bright white lights along the underside running from the front to the stern. The tail took up about one-third of the whole object and had five finger-like projections jutting out from it. A pale blue light was on the left side of the object near the tail.

Dozens of Mexicans saw the UFO as it flew toward Cosamaloapan. It was reportedly videotaped by several witnesses.

There are two sites in the area that may have interested the UFO's crew. The Mexican Air Force has an air station at Minatitlan, 118 miles south of Alvarado. Also, there are mysterious pre-Toltec ruins at Zempoala 20 miles north of Vera Cruz.


Last week our paper listed recent UFO sightings taken from Canada's National Archives. Here's more on the UFO situation north of the border.

At 6 p.m. on the night of January 5, 1996, a highway maintenance work crew, led by supervisor Robert Beaulieu, spotted a bright UFO in the night sky about 54 miles from Fort Resolution, Northwest Territories. Fort Resolution is on the south shore of the Great Slave Lake, across from Yellowknife.

According to Beaulieu, he "saw a strange light on a hill at 6:10 p.m. and sat there and watched it. It kept changing colors." He then phoned his brother in town. "I had all my lights shut off when I was talking to him on the mobile, and as I turned on my two orange beacons on the cab of the truck, whatever that object was let off a big red flash and took off west."

Workman Arthur Sanderson also saw the object. "I noticed it was to the south, just sitting above the trees. And it wasn't moving at all--it stayed in one position, and it was just quiet, there was no noise or nothing. It was a big bright red light and a white light, right beside one another. They would take turns, one would go bright and then die down and then the other. At the bottom of it were just blue lights flickering off and on and moving in a circle."

A few nights later, caribou trappers Raymond Giroux and Colin King spied the same UFO hovering above a frozen lake. When the object appeared, their snowmobile engine sputtered out.

On January 14, Beaulieu again saw the UFO. But this time he had a video camera with him. "My shot is better than the one the military had, which showed no colors or lights spinning in the sky," he said. In his video, "You see it where it even explodes into a big red flash. It was just above the treetops, and it was sitting there, flashing bright white flashes, blue flashes, and whenever it was going to take off, it let out a big red flash and it would be gone."

Michael Strainic, Canadian director of the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), has requested a copy of the Beaulieu videotape for analysis.


Five people had a strange experience at Taharti Lake in British Columbia last summer. The lake is located near Quesnel, B.C. A father and son were hiking around the remote lake when they spied "an oval-shaped object about the size of a car." It hovered above the water for three minutes and then zipped away.

The father and son returned to their cabin and told the three people who were camping with them. The sighting took place on July 21, 1995.

The father and son left the cabin the following morning. On their way home, they stopped at a gas station/convenience store on Highway 97. The boy was startled when he saw the front page of the Quesnel newspaper. The date read "July 23" instead of "July 22," as he expected. He and his father had somehow lost 24 hours.

The same thing happened to the other three people at the cabin. They stayed an extra night and left on what they thought was July 22. As they drove home, they turned on the car radio and were stunned when the news announcer said the date was July 24.

The "Taharti Lake Five" reported their strange experience to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and the report ended up in the RCMP's X-Files.

Have an enjoyable week!