UFO Roundup/UFOINFO LogoUFO Roundup/UFOINFO Logo

Volume 5
Number 34
August 24, 2000

Editor: Joseph Trainor

UFO Roundup and the UFOINFO site are operated on a "Not For Profit" basis. You can help to keep UFO Roundup operating by making a donation.


A major UFO incident rocked the Southwest Asian nations of Afghanistan and Pakistan on Tuesday night, August 15, 2000.

The fleet of UFOs was first seen at 8:15 p.m. in Kandahar, a city in Afghanistan located 200 kilometers (120 miles) southwest of Kabul, the national capital.

"Eyewitnesses in Kandahar told Afghan Islamic Press that objects looking like missiles, like 'flames of fire,' moved through the air around 8 p.m. in the evening and fell" across the border in neighboring Pakistan.

"'We did not know what they were,' the eyewitnesses said."

"People have also observed these things in the border areas of Pakistan, , Shahrkotal, and in Spin Dolbak in Kandahar province."

The UFOs were "also seen in Samangan province and Urozgan province" in Afghanistan.

"In Afghanistan, the Taliban (ruling Islamic party--J.T.) wondered whether the USA had come out with another cruise missile attack on Osama bin-Laden's hideouts. Frantic calls, mostly by radio and satellite, were made to Khost, Jallalabad and Kabul. By midnight, the Taliban knew and were relieved that this wasn't the case."

"Taliban official Mulla Ahmadullah Ahmadi in Kandahar said, 'Some people saw the star-like objects here at 8:15 p.m. They said they made no noise like the cruise missiles and were brightly lit. Also, they said the objects were flying towards Pakistan. Then it became obvious that this was no fresh (new) U.S. cruise missile attack on Afghanistan.'"

"The mystery objects, according to reports, have also been sighted in Afghanistan's Zahul province neighboring Kandahar. It is probable that they were seen elsewhere in Afghanistan, as well, but poor means of communication ensures that it will be weeks before such information reaches the media."

The UFOs crossed the border into Pakistan at about 8:20 p.m., heading southwest towards the city of Quetta, in Pakistan's Baluchistan province located about 200 kilometers (120 miles) southeast of Kandahar.

"Official sources in Quetta said Baluchistan's high- ranking government functionaries spent Tuesday night and the whole of Wednesday," August 16, 2000, "discussing the sighting and searching for the elusive objects."

"An aerial reconnaissance was also carried out in Loralal, Barkhan and Kohlu, the places where the flying objects were sighted by many people and also where some of them reportedly fell. A (Pakistani Air Force) helicopter was sent to carry out this task but it returned empty handed."

In addition to the civilian eyewitnesses, the UFOs "were also sighted by Colonel Asmatullah," chief of military security for the governor of Baluchistan, "who saw them sailing over Koh-i-Murdar mountain which overlooks Quetta."

"Baluchistan Home Secretary Shahryar Khan Mahsud said he is using every means to unlock the mystery of the flying lights."

Mahsud said, "We would have dismissed them as gossip if a few people had seen them at just a few places. But we are being told of sightings at several places in northern and central Baluchistan. They were reportedly seen at Chaghi, Quetta, Pishin, Qiila Abdullah, Loralal, Barkhan, Kohlu and Qiila Saifullah."

A lone saucer was also seen at Dera Ghazi Khan in the Punjab. (See the Afghan Islamic Press report of August 16, 2000, "Agency claims people saw objects like missiles fly over Afghanistan." Also The News of UK for August 17, 2000, "No clue yet as to mysterious lights" by Rahimullah Yusufzai. Many thanks to Martin Montague and Gerry Lovell for forwarding these reports.)

(Editor's Note: Quetta was the site of a mid-air UFO explosion and crash on January 25, 1923. See Unexplained Mysteries of the Twentieth Century by Janet and Colin Bord, Contemporary Books, New York, N.Y., 1989, page 223.)


"A central Ontario farmer refuses to believe aliens or Star Wars weapons are responsible for three neatly-formed circles that have appeared in a grain field."

The three crop circles were discovered in a farm field belonging to Garnet Horne, 59, who lives in Oro-Medonte Township, near Orillia, Ontario, Canada (population 26,000), located 72 kilometers (45 miles) north of Toronto.

"'I try to live in the real world,' Garnet Horne, 59, said yesterday," Friday, August 11, 2000.

"At first the family suspected the three circles-- 23, 15 and 12 meters (75, 49 and 39 feet) in diameter-- were a prank."

"'I figured some jackass tramped it down to get our goat,' Horne's elder brother, Donald, said."

"But there were no pathways leading to and from the three circles."

"'We got right down and looked for fingerprints,' said Garnet, 'Not a boot heel mark, nothing. It isn't human. It's got me beat.'"

"Inside each circle the barley and oats have been flattened to the ground in a symmetrical, counter-clockwise (anti-clockwise in UK--J.T.) swirl. Around the circular edges the flattened grain meets a perfectly upright wall of ripened oats and barely."

"'It's not aliens, and it's not somebody tramping it down,' said Garnet, 'I can't explain it.'"

"Garnet first spotted the circles while driving by his field at dusk on Thursday," August 10, 2000.

"'It scared the wits out of me,' he said."

"This is not the first time crop circles have appeared west of Orillia, Ont. near Bass Lake. In 1992 and 1993, circular patterns appeared about three kilometers north of the Horne farm in a corn field." (See the Calgary Sun for August 12, 2000, "Crop circles puzzle farmer.")

On Wednesday, August 15, 2000, a crop circle was found on a farm in Grenfells, Saskatchewan, Canada (population 1,200), a small town on Provincial Highway 1 about 48 kilometers (30 miles) east of Regina.

"The formation is a small single circle, only about 10 feet )3 meters) in diameter in mature wheat. What is interesting about the circle, however, is the lay, which is radial, with the wheat stalks flattened out from the centre to the outside edge."

"A similar pattern was seen in the large seven-circled Edmonton (Alberta) Number 2 formation in a barley field last year," i.e. in the summer of 1999.

"No tracks were reported in or around the circle, and the centre region is darkened or singed."

The Horne farm and the Grenfells formations are respectively the third and fourth crop circle cases in Canada for the year 2000. (Many thanks to Paul Anderson of Circles Phenomenon Research-Canada for these reports.)


Eyewitness Dale L. reports, "On the morning of" Tuesday, "August 8, 2000, at 6:11 a.m., I was driving to work in Vonda, Sask. when I observed the following:"

"In the southeastern sky at approximately 100 degrees magnetic from my location, which was at the turnoff from (Provincial) Highway 41, south of Smitts, Sask., which leads to Vonda" when "I saw a ball of white light in the sky. It appeared to be about 30 degrees above the horizon but shone very bright even though the sun was up and shining in the sky. I stopped my car on the turnoff from Highway 41 and observed the light and noticed that it appeared to be moving. After a minute of watching, I continued to drive south on the local grid road."

"From time to time I would glance out the car window and noticed that the light was slowly getting fainter and fainter until it disappeared."

"About five minutes later, while still driving and on the same road, I again noticed the brilliantly white object in approximately the same area it had been in earlier. Again I glanced at it from time to time while driving, and again it slowly faded out until it had disappeared. Shortly after this I arrived at work and went inside and saw the light no more."

"It was not an airplane since it made no noise. It might have been a ballon but there were no ballons in the area. I sent an email to CJWW to ask.. On August 9, 2000, at approximately 10:50 a.m., I received a call from Neil Dillinger at CJWW, who advised me that he had checked with the airport, and there were no ballons in the area." (Email Form Report)


Channel 10 News in Phoenix, Arizona was flooded with calls Tuesday night, August 15, 2000, when dozens of people reported seeing two red UFOs hovering over the city.

Eyewitnesses C.B. and Jan, who live in Mesa *oiouklation 289,000) just south of Phoenix, reported, "On Tuesday, August 15, 2000, at 8:15 p.m., Jan and I were sitting on our patio when we looked in the northern sky and noticed two bright red lights that were approximately the size of golf balls."

"He got the binoculars which removes the object seven times closer," Jan added, "The two red lights were set one above the other as if looking at a clock. One light at the 12 o'clock position and the other at 5 (o'clock). They were hovering perfectly still. The approximate distance from our yard was about five miles (eight kilometers).:

C.B. reported, "While viewing the two red objects for over five minutes, they changed color from bright red to bright amber. The upper light started to flicker and within three to four seconds it disappeared."

"Approximately five minutes passed with the lower amber light remaining," he added, "Jan called her daughter Kelli to go outside and to look in the northeastern sky, and, while they were talking, it started to flicker, and in three to four seconds--it was gone!"

C.B. then phoned Channel 10 in Phoenix and was told by the switchboard operator that the TV station had "received a lot of calls about those two red lights." He then called the Mesa Police Department, where, he said, the police dispatcher reportedly "said that it was a military exercise involving Falcon helicopters." (Email Form Report)

(Editor's Comment: I couldn't find any mention of "Falcon helicopters" in my aircraft recognition handbook. Could "Falcon" be the code name for black helicopters?)


During the week of August 7, 2000, a luminous green disc emitting a soft glow was seen circling mountain peaks in the Italian Alps.

Eyewitness reports were received from many residents in the alpine valleys of Trentino and Adige, located 140 kilometers (84 miles) north of Verona. The disc made no sound, and its speed varied from slow to extremely fast. (See the Italian newspaper L'Adige for August 10, 2000.)

Elsewhere in Italy, a luminous green orb was seen and videotaped in Morrone, a small town in Abruzzo province.

On Tuesday, August 15, 2000, "a single luminous white body with a short bright tail was seen by hundreds" in Umbria province in central Italy. (Grazie a Edoardo Russo, Roberto Labanti, Maurizio Verga e Giorgio Rossolillo di CISU per questi rapporti.)


On Thursday, August 17, 2000, at 11:45 p.m., Alfred D. reports, "My son and a neighbour's daughter had just seen a UFO here in Northumberland."

The sighting took place in Widdrington, located about 40 miles (64 kilometers) north of Newcastle- upon-Tyne.

"There were two bright lights in the west. The lights were going round (rotating--J.T.) in a peculiar pattern and travelling northward. The sighting lasted for about five seconds. Then the lights disappeared.. They were right here in the village of Widdrington, which is not far from Morpeth." (Email Form Report)


A mine shaft where Zionist Bolsheviks massacred prisoners in July 1918 is now a part of a Russian Orthodox monastery and the site of many miracles.

The Monastery of the Newly Martyred Russians opened in 1992 with the canonization of the Grand Princess Yelizaveta Fyodorovna, the sister-in-law of the recently-canonized Czar Nicholas II.

The monastery is built over an abandoned mine in Alapayevsk, a small town located about 400 kilometers (240 miles) south of Omsk.

"Marked by a simple wooden Orthodox cross and a sign warning visitors not to venture into it for danger of collapse, the shaft is the centerpiece of the Monastery of the Newly Martyred Russians."

"As a German-born Protestant," Yelizaveta Fyodorovna "spanned East and West. Born in 1864, she converted to" the Russian Orthodox Church "in 1891 after marrying Grand Prince Sergei Alexandrovich Romanov," the czar's brother.

"While serving as the governor of Moscow, Prince Sergei was assassinated in 1905, widowing Fyorodovna, who petitioned the czar to pardon the assassin."

"She became increasingly pious, founding a convent in Moscow and devoting herself to cjaritable works. Following the 1917revolution, the Bolsheviks arrested her, eventually taking her to Alapayevsk and killing her."

In July 1918, the same month the Russian royal family was shot in Yekaterinburg, a platoon of Zionists "threw Fyorodovna and others into a pit and hurled grenades after them."

Since then, however, some strange happenings have been reported at the crime scene.

Abbott Moses, 30, leader of the monastery, "speaks with a sense of awe about the miraculous pit," and "told of how, when Fyorodovna's body was taken from the shaft a few months after her death, singing was heard and an unexploded grenade was found next to her still-intact body."

"Nowadays, the pit is the source of an equally miraculous phenomenon."

"'There have been a few cases where a sweet smell has come out of the shaft,' said Moses, who has deep blue eyes, freckles and a wisky red beard. 'In May of 1998, for a few days around the birthday of the last czar himself, it happened! I came by, smelled it and though, Oh, it's spring, and there are flowers. But there were no flowers.'"

"Today the convent she started is under reconstruction in central Moscow, and she is increasingly venerated." (See the Minneapolis, Minn. Star-Tribune for August 19, 2000, "Monastery honors new Russian saint," page B6.)


A tense standoff in the East Texas town of Trinidad (population 1,050) has 17 evangelical Christians holed up on a ranch, surrounded by a federal task force.

On Tuesday, August 15, 2000, troops and vehicles of the Multi-Juristdictional Task Force (MJTF) moved into strategic positions around the ranch which belongs to John J. Gray, 51, of Trinidad.

Staying at the ranch are Gray, whose nickname is "Joe," his daughters, Rachel Dempsey and Lisa Tarkington, and Mrs. Tarkington's two sons, aged two and four years old. Also staying at the Gray ranch are another seven adults and five children.

According to the San Antonio Express-News, in July 2000, a Henderson County grand jury indicted Gray on two charges. Bench warrants were reportedly issued but have not yet been served.

Also, Lisa Tarkington's estranged husband, Keith Tarkington, reportedly has obtained a court order granting him custody of the two boys, and he has reportedly asked authorities to extract the boys from the ranch.

The Express-News quoted the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) as saying the ranch residents are members of a small religious sect called the Embassy of Heaven. It further stated that the Embassy of Heaven is based in Oregon and has 400 members across the USA. Embassy of Heaven members reportedly "drive cars without license plates and accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior."

(Editor's Comment: Obviously, these are capital crimes in the opinion of the Supreme Rectum, Rabbi Meir Lau.)

The Express-News quoted an ADLspokeswoman as saying, "They have opted out of the system."

(Editor's Comment: So to hell with the Constitution and our courts of law, we now have the ADL condemning born-again Christians to death because of their religious views.)

Yet, in a statement released to radio talk show host Alex Jones, the Grays denied that they are members of the Embassy of Heaven.

"We are born-again Christians," the Grays' statement said, "This is not a cult, just Christians who believe the government and courts are corrupt."

Lisa Tarkington reportedly said, "They want to put a mark on your forehead, the Mark of the Beast."

According to the Houston Chronicle, the bench warrants charged Gray with "disarming a police officer" and "assault on a police officer." The charges stem from an altercation near Palestine, Texas on December 24, 1999.

According to the Grays' statement, a man named "Curtis Martin suggested we take a ride to Palestine, Tex.to look at a cabin which Joe had built for a friend... When Curtis said he was going to carry (a firearm--J.T.) and suggested Joe do the same, Joe agreed to do so."

"As they approached Palestine, Curtis sped past a DPS (Texas Department of Public Safety--J.T.) car with two officers inside. The officers turned around, followed and stopped the vehicle in which Joe was a passenger. After being told to get out, Curtis quickly exited the vehicle and said to Joe, 'Sorry, Joe,':" the Gray family statement alleged.

"The other officer went around to Joe's side, opened the door and asked Joe if he was armed. Joe sat there calmly and replied that he was. After the officer asked Joe whether he had a concealed-carry permit, Joe replied he didn't need one; it was his God-given right and affirmed by the (USA) Constitution. The officer shouted that it was not a right, drew his pistol, aimed it at Joe and screamed at Joe to get out of the car," the statement alleged.

"As Joe reached up to remove the automatic seatbelt so he could exit, the officer started shouting. 'He's going for his gun! He's going for his gun!' Joe answered that he wasn't going for his gun and sat back down with his feet on the floor, and officer continued to shout," the statement further alleged.

The altercation ensued, and Gray was placed under arrest. According to the family statement, "Joe remained in the Palestine jail for two weeks without any charges being filed."

However, Gray reportedly did not appear before the county grand jury hearing.

The county district attorney was quoted as saying, "We don't want another Waco. We need a peaceful solution." (See the San Antonio, Tex. Express-News for August 14, 2000. Also the Houston, Tex. Chronicle August 18, 2000, "Standoff continues amid attack rumors." Many thanks to Rick Wilde of America's Hope and Alex Jones for the news articles.)

from the UFO Files...


One of the strangest cases to come out of Eighteenth Century France was the curious affair of Suzanne Labrousse.

The daughter of a well-to-do farmer, Suzanne was born in 1747 in Vanxains, a village near Riberac in what is now France's department of Dordogne. Even as a small child, Suzanne was given to falling into trances, usually at the foot of an old oak tree on the family farm. Her brothers and sisters would have to shake her to bring her out of it.

Suzanne "often went looking for God at the far end of her parents' meadow," where, she wrote, "the golden-flowered broom grows, and the pink-belled heather. I lay on my back and stared up at the sky for a long time, because I had been told that God lived beyond the blue...When the clouds chased each other across the sky and were lost behind the huge forest of La Double, I always hoped that he would appear in a rift between them."

"I was nine years old and the desire to climb up into the sky to see God was obsessing me more all the time. Rest had become almost impossible. At last I could bear it on longer, and I made up my mind to die."

Hearing that a neighbor had died after accidentally eating a spider that was inside a grape, Suzanne began collecting spiders. But before she had a chance to carry out her plan, she overhead her mother teaching her brothers their catechism lesson. Mme. Labrousse said suicide was as much a sin as murder.

Suzanne immediately began doing penance for her near-sin, and the round of medieval self-mortifications continued throughout adolescence. Day and night she could be found in the church at Vanxains, deep in prayer and meditation. "But God kept playing his eternal game of hide-and-seek with her as with everyone else."

In 1766, Suzanne reached her nineteenth birthday. She was "of a size somewhat taller than average, she is slender and quick by nature, and her attempts to appear stiff and cool do not always succeed. She is rather a beautiful young woman" but with "a vague and squinting expression to her deep blue eyes. Her hair is of a fine chestnut color with amber glints."

But "Suzette" dressed down. "Her body is ageless in the loose gown of the Perigord peasant woman, with a gray shawl top that makes her look like a nun. She is one, too, but of her own order."

And finally, after years of prayer and mortification, Suzanne makes contact with the Almighty.

Kneeling in the old church, Suzanne wrote, "I was praying and watching night spread over the chancel. The sacrarium lamp was flickering as though it wanted to go out. I came closer because I could no longer see the door of the tabernacle with the host behind it, and in the host was Jesus. Just then I felt as though carried away by an extraordinary surge of love, and a voice said to me, 'Leave the house of your mother and father. Go out into the world, unknown and a beggar, because I want, through a humble girl, to bring down several of the Great of this worldand to put to rights several evils in my church."

So Suzanne hits the road, wandering all over the Perigord and Guyenne regions, as far as Libourne. Crowds flock to hear the new prophetess, "la femme Suzette" or "la Deborah de Riberac."

Suzanne "will have none of the convents that are fighting to get her: Notre Dame, St. Benoit, and Ste. Claire in Perigueux, the Uruslines in Libourne, the Little Sisters of Riberac and Aubeterre."

But the convents want to put her on display like pandas in a zoo. Look, there's our resident saint. If you want to talk to her, that'll be five livres.

Suzanne turns them all down. "I prefer to retreat alone," she tells them, "That is what God requires of me."

In that fateful year of 1776, Suzanne returns to "my beloved Vanxains. There, at least, I would be able to be alone with myself." Monsignor de Flamarens, the Bishop of Perigueux contributes 300 livres so that the parish can build a one-room house for Suzanne right next to the church. Maybe now she'll stop wandering and stirring up his diocese.

But "the voice" has new work for Suzanne. Some interesting things are going on in this June of 1776. In Philadelphia, a sandy-haired Virginia lawyer named Thjomas Jefferson has taken the hopeless task of trying to write a document for a committee. In Ingolstadt, Germany, a professor named Adam Weishaupt summons the ruling circle of his new Illuminati for a magickal conclave. And in Canajoharie, New York, Thayendanega, also known as Joseph Brant, sees a vision of his grandfather, the war chief Tiyanoga, dead since 1755, warning of the doom about to fall on the Ganegahaga=ono. (Mohawk Indians--J.T.)

Night after night, Suzanne is jolted from sleep by "the voice," which sends her to her quill and notebook, admonishing her to write down what she has just dreamed. By 1779, the book is complete--Suzette's Guide to the Future. She carries it to Perigueux and hand-delivers it to Monsignor de Flamarens.

Weeks pass. No word from the bishop. Suzanne takes a hike down to Perigueux.

"I am very unhappy indeed to be such a subject of contradiction for many persons," she tells the bishop. "Some of the people I know take me for mad, others for a liar and hypocrite. Only the good people of Vanxains feel any respect at all for me and even some affection. The thought of my mission never leaves me in peace. At night voices seem to be urging me on, 'Rise up and go!' they tell me in the midst of the stillness. You do not believe in the authenticity of my mission, Monsignor? Give me back the papers I entrusted to you. I shall burn them in your presence."

"No, no, my daughter, I shall not impose that sacrifice upon you. Your manuscripts are in the hands of learned theologians, gentlemen from Paris. Indeed, you will have to abide by their judgement, but they will not make up their minds in such a hurry." He gives her a curious sidelong glance. "But...do you really believe in everything you say?"

"More than my life."

The game goes on for days. The next time Suzanne calls, Monsignor de Flamarens is far more hostile. "No, I shall certainly not make your case known. People would think I was mad."

"He forbids her his door, but how long can you keep Joan of Arc in the waiting room? She periodically descends upon the episcopal portals with a great rustle of angels' wings. 'Monsignor, I have come to know your answer as to what is in the manuscript.'"

He tells Suzanne that he actually sent the manuscipt to Rome. Weeks later, Suzanne returns, eager to hear what Pope Pius VI has to say." But Monsignor de Flamarens refuses to see her under any circumstances.

Dejected, Suzanne returns to the family farm in Vanxains. She arrives on September 29, 1779, and to her surprise, there is a visitor waiting in her parents' sitting room--a 43-year-old priest named Christophe- Antoine Gerle.

Dom Gerle lends a sympathetic ear, as Suzanne prattles on and on about "the future." She wrote, "When I was expressing to the Reverend Father Gerle my astonishment that all the other priests had treated me like a madwoman, he answered, 'Remember that the prophets also were judged mad. But the dreadful events they foretold came to pass all the same.'"

But Suzanne has put her trust in the wrong man. Gerle is a bad one, and ten years hence, in the French Revolution, he'll prove just how bad he really is.

"Dom Gerle blesses her once more and goes back to his priory, thoughful and happy...He takes (the rest of) her manuscripts with him, and he doesn't burn them."

Dom Gerle is 43 and the prior of a Carthusian monastery. He's risen about as far as he can go in the Roman Catholic Church. But a clever fellow armed with knowledge of the future can rise higher. Much higher.

As he rides his mule back to Notre Dame de Vauclaire, he cherishes his own personal vision of the future--himself as the supreme pontiff of a new global religion.

Suzanne still has a long life ahead of her. She'll spend the coming revolution, which she saw in her dreams, running and hiding from the Comite de Salut Publique (Committee of Public Safety--J.T.) Our girl is definitely on the Most Wanted list of the Illuminati. She lives on until 1821, a latter-day Cassndra whose dire prophecies came true but who was fated never to be believed.

Out of Vanxains I have called my daughter?

And in March of 1780, in the Lateran Palace in Rome, Pope Pius VI adjusts his Franklin-style glasses, reading by candlelight. He reads the latest page of Suzette's Guide to the Future. Frowning, he mutters to himself, "Who the hell is Monica Lewinsky?"

Licking his fingertip, he turns the page and reads a bit more. Brown eyes bulge wide. With a jolt, the glasses fly right off his nose. "Mama mia!" (See The Wind from America by Claude Manceron, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, N.Y., 1978, pages 195 to 203. Also Enigmes de Mlle. La Brousse, commencees en 1766 by Bishop Pierre Pontard, Paris, 1791.)

(Editor's Comment: Pope Pius VI, the pope of the French Revolution, was born Giovanni Angelo Braschi in Cesena, Italy on December 27, 1717. Ironically, that day in the Roman Catholic calendar is the Feast of the Holy Innocents, the babies of Bethlehem massacred by Herod. Strange.)

We'll be back next week with more UFO and paranormal news from around the planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home--UFO Roundup." See you then.

UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2000 by Masinaigan Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO Roundup on their websites or in newsgroups provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue in which the item first appeared.


Site Map | Home | UFO Roundup Vol. 5 | UFO Roundup | Report a Sighting
Latest Updates | Site Search | Submissions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

URL: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/v05/rnd05_34.shtml