UFO Roundup/UFOINFO LogoUFO Roundup/UFOINFO Logo

Volume 5
Number 46
November 16, 2000

Editor: Joseph Trainor

UFO Roundup and the UFOINFO site are operated on a "Not For Profit" basis. You can help to keep UFO Roundup operating by making a donation.


"The sphere with a metallic appearance shining in the sunlight were seen this past October 5 (2000) in the sky to the east of Resistencia in broad daylight by four members of the same family."

Resistencia is in Argentina's Chaco province, about 140 kilometers (84 miles) west of Buenos Aires, the national capital.

"Moments later, another one appeared, descending and ascending with swift guided movements and managed to be caught on videotape for one whole minute."

"This is the news that ufologist Osvaldo Sanchez, a research analyst with the Red Argentina de Ufologia (Argentinian Network of Ufology--J.T.) gave (the newspaper) Norte, having analyzed all the reports including an examination of the film taken by Diego Romero, 21, a student at the School of Economics at UNNE." (Universidad Nacional de Nord-Este--J.T.)

"Sr. Atilio Romero, head of the respected household in Residencia, was on the lower floor of his house on October 5, considering the possibility of cleaning out a swimming pool with his two sons and wife. The time was about 12:20 p.m when he looked eastward and saw something glinting in the sun."

"He told his family about it, and they were all able to see two small spheres, about 20 degrees above the horizon, darting rapidly about, appearing and disappearing, flying up and down and vice versa. A third sphere then entered the scene."

"The family was fascinated by the scene, but then remembered that they had a camcorder in the bedroom. Diego ran for it and quickly tried to film the objects, although he had trouble in doing so. Ultimately he managed to focus on one of the objects with a zoom lens and was able to make out that the UFO, while spherical, had a disc-shaped structure on its upper part which spun like a top."

"Osvaldo Sanchez's analysis adds that Sr. Romero was able to distinguish, prior to the camcorder being brought into play, a spindle-shaped object or form that appeared to accompany the UFOs. This was not captured on the film, but it is worth bearing min mind that the sighting itself lasted four minutes and it was in view the whole time," until the UFOs moved out of view behind a neighbor's house.

"According to the witnesses, the objects were quite a distance from where the sighting took place. The sky was spectacular (clear) with high visibility. When the video is seen in slow motion and frame-by-frame, the last seconds of the Romero video give the impression of seeing a physical metallic vehicle moving through the atmosphere and engaging in planned maneuvers prior to landing. The top-like spinning motion is a known behavior pattern relating to UFO phenomena." (See the Argentinian newspaper Norte for November 6, 2000, "UFO seen moving in the skies over Resistencia." Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales, autor de los libros Cupacabras and Other Mysteries y Forbidden Mexico para eso articulo de diario.)


"A strange meteorological phenomenon disturbed siesta time in Tafi Viejo on Wednesday," November 8, 2000,. "Shortly after 3 p.m., a deafening explosion was heard, followed by an electrical discharge that burned out dozens of TV sets, VCRs, telephones and other devices--a computer among them."

"A few witnesses of the phenomenon claim having seen 'a ball of fire' crossing the street at the corner of the Calle 25 de Mayo and the Calle Bolivar, where an EDET (a local Argentinian electrical utility--J.T.) electric meter was literally fused together into an enormous lump of metal."

"The most curious event, according to residents, was that the event did not occur during a thunderstorm, which are common during the summer months."

(Editor's Note: Right now it's late spring in Argentina and the other countries of the southern hemisphere.)

"Some distant thunder could be heard until the 'blowout' caused all those enjoying a well-deserved siesta to jump out of bed."

"Since no one could envision such a large detonation, attributed by some to a lightning bolt, the majority of electrical appliances remained plugged-in and working."

"It appears that the current distributed itself through the power grid and telephone cables, burning everything in its path.

"'It exploded the meter, box and all, and burned the electrical insulation. A tremendous explosion was heard from blocks away,' said Hugo Castelli, whose home is located in another part of the building. Light switches were blown out of their sockets as well as the power outlets. While repairing the burned cables, the electricians said they had never seen anything like it."

"'People came from my son's bar on the Avenida Alem to see what had caused such a tremendous sound,'" Castelli added.

"Two houses away, Norma de Martinez noticed that the detonation seemed very close to her. 'It was like nothing I'd ever heard. My neighbors told me that it was a fireball that crossed from one end of the street to the other at a height of some three meters (10 feet). It struck a pillar where the meter is located. Three TV sets and a telephone were burned out at my house.'"

"Both the sound and the flash of the electrical discharge traveled very far. (The newspaper) La Gaceta was able to learn that burned artifacts could be found two blocks from where the phenomenon occurred, and in the house of electrician Benito Baez, who lost a TV and a VCR. Baez that a neighbor living 150 meters (496 feet) away had brought in a computer to be repaired since it had been destroyed by the event."

Tafi Viejo is located about 350 kilometers (219 miles) northeast of Buenois Aires." (See La Gaceta of Tucuman, Argentina for November 11, 2000, "Ball lightning stuns Tafi Viejo.")


"Investigators remained baffled as more sightings emerged today (Friday, October 27, 2000) of an unidentified flying object over Wearside."

"The five-foot (1.5-meter) pear-shaped piece of silver metal was first spotted hurtling towards the ground by trainee teacher Jenny Cook in Hendonon on Tuesday evening (October 25, 2000.)" (Fore more on this story, see UFO Roundup, volume 5, number 44 for November 2, 2000, "UK teacher trainee spots teardrop-shaped UFO," page 3.)

"Police launched an investigation following the report by the 18-year-old Sunderland University student, but, despite a ground search of the area, failed to find any trace of the object."

"The (newspaper) Echo has now learned that officials at Newcastle Airport were alerted three hours later after a similar sighting above Penshaw."

"Ron Atwill spotted a mysterious five-foot long grey object narrowly miss a passenger jet as it descended towards Newcastle Airport while walking his dog near the old Harrington Colliery yard."

"Mr. Atwill, a retired prison services worker, saw the object at 11:45 a.m. He said, 'I was looking up as a passenger jet was flying quite low in the distance, on a flight path between the colliery and Penshaw Monument, and I saw this thing almost hit it. I rang the airport because they appeared that close, and I thought they might have spotted it, as well. It was about 20 feet (6 meters) from the plane.'"

"It looked exactly the way it was described in the Echo. It was silvery grey in colour and from where I was standing, it looked very flat, pear-shaped, about four to five feet long. I watched it for a little while and then turned away and took my eye off it as it had disappeared. It almost looked as if it was standing still, moving very slowly earthward towards Sunderland, if you can imagine a piece of corrugated iron but not corrugated and oblong.'"

"Mr. Atwill, 64, of Elm Place, Newbottle, added, ' 'I hadn't a clue what it was, and I decided not to say anything because of what people might think. But I definitely saw something. It wasn't a speck in the sky. It was big enough to make out even if it was a bit in the distance, but I am beginning to think, What was it? I can't imagine that I should know. It wasn't a weather balloon or a model.'"

"Detective Inspector John Watts of the Sunderland City Centre Police said, 'We had a report of a strange object in the skies. about the size of a small car. We couldn't find anything, but it has been reported to the relevant authorities.'" (See the UK newspaper Sunderland Echo for October 28, 2000, "Wear UFO spotted within feet of a jet." Many thanks to Gerry Lovell for forwarding this newspaper article.)


"It's been three months since she spotted several unidentified objects in the night sky, but Mary Standy said it's time to speak out about her findings."

"Standy has about 15 minutes of tape shot with her family's camcorder to prove what she saw back on July 17 (2000)."

"Standy was recording the full moon at about 11:30 p.m. 'I was going to use the pictures to make a poster for my daughter's room,' Standy said."

"What she saw as she aimed the camcorder at the night sky from her bedroom window turned out to be more than just a scenic view of the moon and picturesque wispy cloud, however."

"As Standy videotaped from the east side of her Lincoln Drive home, suddenly she noticed tiny round white lights streaking from left to right above, below and around the moon.."

"'They weren't planes, and they weren't shooting stars,' Standy said, beginning to shake with the memory of her experience."

"One of the lights drifted to the right of the moon, disappeared behind a large cloud, then seconds later zipped to the left and was gone from sight. During the ten minutes of recording, more than a half dozen such 'lights' alternately appeared and disappeared around the edge of the moon, Standy said."

"Standy said she was forced to brace her arms on the window's edge to steady them as she began to react to the incident. Her dog, a cocker spaniel, hopped onto the nearby bed and began to growl. Standy also recalled that the fur on the dog's head stood on end as it reacted to whatever was traveling in the sky.

"An hour later, Standy's daughter suffered a further shock when she went to her front yard and recorded an even more spectacular sight. Carefully focusing th camcorder into the cloudless sky, Standy's daughter captured another five minutes of a rapidly darting object, which alternately changed shape from round to elliptical to tubular."

The object appeared white as it darted across the sky, but when she caught it on freeze-frame, it turned green, red and purple."

On Saturday, October 21, 2000, "Standy again caught something unidentified on film. This time it was a large white ball of light. At first she thought it was the moon. However, the orb was not in the right position of the sky at the time of the recording--about 2 a.m., Standy said."

"'I've been seeing objects in the sky since the age of nine,' Standy said."

Located just south of Lake Erie, Ashtabula is on Ohio Route 20 approximately 66 miles (105 kilometers) east of Cleveland. (See the Ashtabula Star-Beacon for November 5, 1000, "Ashtabula Township woman videotapes UFO near her house" by Pamela E. Gran. Many thanks to Gerry Lovell for forwarding this newspaper article.)


On Friday, November 10, 2000, at 6:04 p.m., Shelah J. was at her apartment in San Rafael, California, across the bay from San Francisco, when she spied something odd outside the window.

"At first the object seemed like it was not moving and was standing stationary," Shelah reported. "Its light, or the brightness of the vehicle, was brighter than the surrounding planes."

"It moved very slowly and flew low over the mountains and then just seemed to move (west) over the water towards the city of San Francisco. After watching for what seemed like ten minutes. I ran downstairs to get the binoculars. Through the binoculars, the object looked incredible."

"At first the object seemed to be elongated and looked like a cigar shape. But after watching for a longer period of time, it seemed more like a saucer shape and glowed brightly. It was the same color as a fire ember. It was bright orange and its glow seemed to radiate much energy from inside."

"The vehicle was massive in size. I cannot estimate how large but very, very large and easy to see through such binoculars."

"It seemed as if two planes were circling around or near it, and later a third plane also monitored it.."

"My roommates came home at about 6:45 p.m. and I told them what I saw. I thought the object was gone because it had gone out of sight earlier. But then Michael, my roommate, looked from his bedroom (window) and saw a gleaming object adjacent to planes' lights and asked me if that was it. We took the binoculars out and a small telescope and indeed it was the same. This was when I saw the third plane tracking the vehicle."

"Even though the vehicle was further away than when I originally saw it, it gleamed with a very bright fiery orange glow. Michael said, 'I've never seen anything like it.' He was also able to make out some red and white lights on the side of it and the light that circled around it." (Email Form Report)


Five Michiganders got an unexpected thrill on Halloween night when they spotted a fast-moving UFO.

On Tuesday, October 31, 2000, "between 6:45 and 7 p.m.," the female eyewitness, "my husband, my seven-year-old son, a friend and her ten-year-old son were walking north on the main street of" Ostend, Michigan (population 2,300) when "I looked up and saw this greenish-white light cruising straight from the east to the west at an incredible speed approximately 300 feet (90 meters) up with absolutely no sound. I told the others to look up. It was as if time stood still. We were awestruck!"

"As the pulsating light passed before us, a part of it disengaged itself and fell to the east and disappeared. It was similar to when the (space shuttle) Challenger exploded in (January) 1987. We kept on following it to the north, trying to follow it with our eyes as it headed west, only to have our view obscured by the trees."

"Once we were into a clearing, I saw a faint greenish glow, then it disappeared, more like vanished over the Dewey Lake area. My husband and I both said to each other, right then, 'That was no falling star!'"

"There was absolutely no arc to this. There was no trail. It moved at a steady consistent speed, perhaps 200 to 300 miles per hour (320 to 480 kilometers per hour). My husband and I were in disbelief. The friend who was with us didn't really dismiss it but was just not as enthused. Her expression was more like Wow! and that was it." (Email Form Report)


On Monday, November 6, 2000, at 11:15 p.m., Alan Broskey was driving his car on a westbound road in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania (population 1,400), not far from Reading, when he spotted something unusual through the windshield.

""Driving westward, I saw a light in the sky that was three times as big as the North Star (Polaris). The object had blinking white, blue, yellow and red lights. Flying low over the valley from the north and then turning to the southwest. And it continued its flight until it was out of my view. It made no sound." (Email Form Report)


"The first known creature to walk upright on two feet was a speedy, long-legged lizard that scurried on to the scene 80 million years before the dinosaur, a newly-found fossil shows."

"The lizard, less than one foot long and weighing under one pound, was a plant-eater. Researchers believe that it used its speed and unique way of running to avoid the hungry meat-eaters that roamed the world" during the Permian Period 290 million years ago.

"Walking on two feet is an example of 'repeated evolution in which a physical advantage evolves in different species at different times, says Robert Reisz, a University of Toronto researcher and author of a study appearing in the current issue of the journal Science."

"'It was just such a good idea that it happened again and again,' he says, 'To find an example of an animal that did this before dinosaurs or mammals is particularly exciting.'"

"The remains of the lizard were found in a German quarry. It took researchers more than two years to painstakingly remove the rock that encased the fragile 10-inch long fossil."

"When the remains were analyzed, Reisz says, it was clear the lizard was a new species, now called Eudibamus cursoris, and that it was designed for swift running on two feet."

"'The most compelling evidence for bipedalism is the length of the hind limbs,' Reisz says, 'They are much longer than the forelimbs, and it would have been relatively awkward for this animal to move around on four legs.'"

"The hind legs are longer than the body. Trailing behind is a tail that is about as long as the body. The forelegs are short, which would be expected from a bipedal lizard, Reisz says."

"The formation where the fossils were found has been dated at about 290 million years old. The first dinosaur is thought to have appeared 210 million years ago."

"'This little animal was built for speed,' says David Berman of the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania)., the lead author of the study. 'It was very, very fast.'"

"That speed was essential to its survival, he says. The world 290 million years ago was populated with a variety of meat-eating reptiles, including the dimetrodon, a fierce carnivore whose fossils were found in the same German quarry as Eudibamus cursoris."

"Even so, Berman says, Eudibamus and its close relatives made only a brief appearance in the fossil record and were gone by the time dinosaurs appeared."

"Just why it died off despite its speed, Reisz says, We really don't know. It's one of those continuing mysteries." (See USA Today for November 7, 2000, "Upright lizard sprinted into history long before dinos," page 8D.)

(Editor's Note: The end of the Permian Period was also the end of the Paleozoic Era, which was characterized by a mass extinction of life on Earth. About 80 percent of the planet's marine life forms died at the end of the Permian period, including the highly successful trilobites, which had been around since the Cambrian Period 300 million years earlier. Nobody knows why all these species suddenly disappeared, although some have theorized that a cataclysm in outer space was responsible.)


"Roz Soltz, an Israeli from Miami (Florida) was a little sad when she left for a community meeting Wednesday morning (November 8, 2000), persuaded by television that her mail-in vote for U.S. president had once again made little difference."

"Within minutes, her gloom turned to glee when a secretary ran into the meeting with a note indicating that Soltz and hundreds of other Floridians in Israel may have mailed in the votes that could decide it." (The USA's prewidential election, which is still up in the air as of this writing--J.T.)

"'It's mazel. It's luck, ' said Soltz, 73, an Al Gore supporter who moved to Israel in 1995 but still owns a travel agency in Coral Gables, Fla. 'It's our mazel that we are destined to have some special input into America's future.'"

"As Florida churned with debates over recounts and lawsuits Thursday (November 9, 2000), the possibility arose that the race between Vice President Gore and Texas governor George W. Bush (nickname Dubya--J.T.) could be decided by absentee ballots to be counted in Florida, and no place has a more concentrated piece of Florida abroad than Israel."

"Many of these residents moved to the Jewish state and went through aliya, the citizenship process technically open to all Jews under Israel's Law of Return."

"The Republican and Democratic parties try to get ballots into the hands of U.S. citizens in Israel."

"Florida officials say that 26,000 state residents requested absentee ballots for the 1996 presidential vote and that this year's number was higher. By law the state will accept the ballots as much as 10 days after Election Day as long as they were postmarked by Election Day."

"Traditionally the bulk of those absentee ballots have been cast for Republicans, many of them by U.S. soldiers and sailors serving overseas."

"Like Jewish voters elsewhere, 90 percent of Israeli Floridians were expected to vote Democratic. The idea that they could swing the election is a bit far-fetched but perhaps no more so than other scenarios that have become reality in the U.S. since Election Day." (See the Chicago Tribune for November 10 November 10, 200-, "Americans in Israel now at race's center," section 1, page 5.)

(Editor's Comment: My question is, how many of these are legitimate Florida absentee ballots? And how many are forgeries printed by the Israeli government, complete with November 7 postmarks? Israel has a vested interest in keeping Dubya out of the White House. For more on that, see our O Jerusalem Dept. in this issue.)

from the UFO Files...


Since abduction research began in 1980, there have been a number of tales of sexual encounters aboard UFOs. Many abductees claim to have met their future lovers or spouses as children or adolescents during an abduction experience.

Brazil has the highest number of recorded abduction sexual experiences. The majority of these cases have taken place in southern Brazil. Usually there is no physical evidence to support the abductee's claim that such activity took place.

Joao Valerio da Silva is the exception. And here's what happened to him in November of 1982.

Joao, nicknamed Jango, lived in an apartment in Botucatu, a mid-sized city in Sao Paulo state located 250 kilometers (150 miles) west of the city of Sao Paulo, which is the largest city in South America.

One evening, Jango was in the kitchen cooking some roupa velha (Brazilian dish featuring beans and rice--J.T.) for supper. As the pot began to simmer, he spied a brilliant white light just outside the front window.

Jango entered the living room for a closer look. As he did so, an intense, multi-megawatt beam of dazzling light came streaming through the window. Crying out, he lifted his arm to shield his eyes. A weird humming sound invaded his ears.

Jango felt himself being drawn upward, pulled towards the ceiling. But instead of hitting whitewashed plaster, he found himself moving slowly into what felt like a warm fog. Behind his closed eyes, he saw a kind of dazzle field, twinkling multicolored lights moving around in random patterns.

Suddenly, Jango found himself on his knees on what felt like a warm spongy floor. Looking up, he saw that he was in a circular room about 10 meters (33 feet) in diameter. The room was well illuminated, but he could not see any lamps or recessed lighting.

And Jango was not alone in the room.

Nearby stood a half dozen gaunt hooded figures. The hood's shadow covered most of their faces leaving only a glimpse of a narrow chin and a lipless mouth.

The entities began to close in, then stopped. A smaller hooded figure came to the fore. A scaly three-fingered hand reached out and pulled back the hood, exposing the face of a beautiful woman.

She's gorgeous, he thought.

Indeed she was. She had a slender oval face with a slim aquiline nose, muted cheekbones, fine eyebrows, gleaming chocolate brown eyes. Her lush lips were rose red, exposing gleaming white teeth which had a slight overbite. Her glossy chestnut hair, with its golden highlights, cascaded down to her shoulders and collarbone. She was wearing a floor-length black cape with red sating showing at the collar.

He gaped in amazement. A space princess...

Large golden hoop earrings dangled from each ear. She stared straight ahead, her dark sensuous eyes devoid of any reaction or emotion. The alien hand reached out again and undid the silken knot at the base of her throat. With a whisper, the satin-lined cape slid from her shoulders and landed in a soft pile around her feet.

"Aiiiii! Santa Madre!" he blurted, his eyes bulging wide open.

Jango's stunned gaze descended the length of her nubile body, past her bodacious bosom, nipped-in waist, dimpled navel and rounded hips hinting at a voluptuous rear. Her skin was a dark shade of sunny gold, and she reacted not at all to his open-mouthed stare, just looking ahead as if her mind was several light-years away.

Jango's reaction was instantaneous. And masculine. He took an instinctive step forward, reaching out to embrace her, and the princess and her alien entourage moved forward, as well.

All at once, he felt a weird prickling sensation on the back of his neck. He heard a rapid noise, a sudden beep-beep-beep-beep-beep.

And suddenly he found himself lying flat on his back on a hard wooden floor. The voices of his family drifted in from the kitchen. "Jango? Where are you?"

"In here," he croaked, barely able to speak.

As John Spencer points out in The UFO Encyclopedia, Joao Valerio da Silva "was found by his family on the floor of his house, naked and unconscious, his clothes piled next to him. His skin was covered in red marks, and his watch had stopped."

The Brazilian physicians who treated him also found other evidence of his strange experience. As the medical report noted, "The penile epidermis of the patient was covered with a number of unusual lesions about 0.5 centimeters in diameter. At first they appeared to be an advanced case of keritosis (a skin disorder that sometimes leads to skin cancer--J.T.). However, the lesions proved to be a form of severe dermatitis, the stimulus for which is unknown." (See the book The UFO Encyclopedia, edited by John Spencer, Avon Books, New York, N.Y., 1993, page 89.)

O JERUSALEM DEPT: It isn't bad enough that we have Israeli troops desecrating the mosques of Haram as-Sharif (the Temple Mount to Jews) every Friday, keeping the Muslims from their noonday prayers. Or that Israeli tanks are shelling Beit Jala, a town south of Jerusalem with a population that is 90 percent Christian, equally split between Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholics, people who have absolutely nothing to do with the Intifada. Now the West Bank's six-week war of religion has spilled over into the USA's presidential election. Here's how...

Ten days ago, Gov. Bush turned up in Detroit, Michigan to woo the large Arab-American population in that city. Surprisingly, he brought his national security adviser, Condoleeza Rice, with him. Reading between the lines, my guess is that Dubya and ms. Rice sent a backchannel "Let's talk" message toYasser Arafat.

At 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday, November 8, 2000, about an hour before Vice President Gore called to concede the election, Yasser Arafat phoned Dubya to congratulate him on his voictory. Probably Arafat was trying to sell Bush on his "Send peacekeepers to Jerusalem" idea, which so far has been resisted by Israel and the Clinton administration.

This probably alarmed the Israelis, who dislike the Bush family anyway. It all goes back to the Gulf War ten years ago. The Israelis wanted Poppy, the governor's father, to invade Iraq and crush Saddam Hussein for good. Then-President Bush figured the CIA and Kurd uprisings would finish off Saddam. Well, he was wrong, and Saddam proved to be more durable than anyone expected.

All in all, the Zionists feel that the Bush family is too friendly with the moderate Arabs, and they prefer a Democrat in the White House.

Three hours after Arafat's phone call, a bunch of Palm Beach, Florida Jews start complaining that the governor's evil kid brother, Jebbie Bush, Florida's governor, somehow tricked them into voting for their arch-enemy, Pat Buchanan.

All of which has me wondering, why do the Zionists want Al Fore in the White House? Are the Democrats planning to wage another war of religion on behalf of the Jews, like they did in the 1940s? Are they going to send a few hundred thousand American troops to the Middle East to hold off the Arabs while those Hasidic rabbis blow up the Al-Aqsa mosque?

Lord knows I'm no fan of the Poppies. I didn't even vote for Dubya. But he did win the popular vote in Florida and the last three recounts. With Florida's 25 electoral votes added to those of the other states he won, under the terms of our country's Constitution, Dubya has clearly won the presidential election.

If the Zionists succeed in helping Al Gore steal this election, perhaps the GOP will reconsider its support of the State of Israel.

It might be a good idea to double the number of Texas Rangers guarding the Bush family. Considering last week's murder of Hussein Abayat, the Mossad is more than willing to assassinate political leaders it doesn't like.

Stay the course, Dubya. You won the electoral vote. You are the president-elect. Come January 20, you can set your own foreign policy. If people don't like it, they can express their opinion at the polls in November 2004.

And if those rabbis in Jerusalem disapprove...well, you know what they say in New Hampshire. "If you don't like them apples, find another orchard."

We'll be back next week with more UFO and paranormal news from around the planet, brought to you by "the paper that goes home--UFO Roundup." See you then.

UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2000 by Masinaigan Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO Roundup on their websites or in newsgroups provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue in which the item first appeared.


Site Map | Home | UFO Roundup Vol. 5 | UFO Roundup | Report a Sighting
Latest Updates | Site Search | Submissions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

URL: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/v05/rnd05_46.shtml