UFO Roundup/UFOINFO LogoUFO Roundup/UFOINFO Logo

Volume 6
Number 16
April 19, 2001

Editor: Joseph Trainor

UFO Roundup and the UFOINFO site are operated on a "Not For Profit" basis. You can help to keep UFO Roundup operating by making a donation.


A ufologist from Ecuador claims to have documentary proof that an alien, whom ge describes as a "Nordic," stayed at the Embassy of Ecuador in Lima, the capital of the neighboring South American country of Peru.

Jaime Rodriguez claimed to have copies of reports written by consular officials at the Embassy of Educator in Lima, including a fax describing the incident that was emailed to Ecuador's Ministry of Defense in Quito, the national capital.

According to Rodriguez, the incident began "when a person of Nordic aspect with perfect facial features and standing a little taller than 1.8 meters (6 feet) and with a perfume of exotic fragrance presented himself to the embassy staff and was interviewed by Alberto Avila Mazchuca, the Ecuadorian attache for cultural affairs.. The person identified himself as Commandante (Commander) Banj (Rhymes with the English word orange--J.T.) and he asked to speak to the Consul, Jose Davila Gonzalez. Banj said he had to get back to his ship, which was in a geostationary orbit above the Earth."

"An official contact has been realized," said Haume Rodriguez, who is investigating the alleged diplomatic contact. (See Noticario OVNI for April 8, 2001. Muito obrigado a Adelmar J. Gevaerd por eso articulo.)

(Editor's Note: Sightings of Hermanos Espaciales (Space Brothers) are common in South America. See this week's feature story for one such incident.)


On Tuesday, April 3, 2001, , after sunset, "an enormous luminous and mysterious OVNI (Spanish acronym for UFO--J.T.) moved across the sky over hillside homes in Colonia Olimpica, a barrio (neighborhood) on the outskirts of Guadalajara," the second largest city in Mexico.

"The witnesses said the light emitted a strong reddish-yellowish light that lit up the houses in the barrio " {People in Colonia Olimpica left their homes and watched as the large object descended and moved slowly over the neighborhood "until it passed slowly beyond their field of view.

The following day, on Wednesday, April 4, 2001, at 7:45 p.m., Claudio Cardona was walking on the beach in Puente Tampico, on the Gulf of Mexico, "on the border between the (Mexican states of Tamulipas and Vera Cruz, when he saw a UFO.

"According to Cardona, the OVNI resembled 'a lantern in the sky.' Flying away to the north, the object hovered over the horizon for several minutes" until Cardona lost sight of it. (See Noticario OVNI for April 8, 2001, "OVNI Luminoso es avistado en el Golfo de Mexico" and "OVNI luminoso altera a los animales en el occidente de Mexico." Otra vez, muito obrigado a Adelmar J. Gevaerd.)


"A UFO was reported over Almaty," the former capital of Kazakhstan in central Asia on Thursday, April 5, 2001.

"A city resident, Darkhan Isakov, managed to record the supposed UFO with a video camera. He brought the videocassette with the recorded image to our studios," i.e. the studies of Kazakh Commercial Television (KCT), which aired the footage in its local news broadcast.

Osakov's video "shows a glowing spot behind tree branches, , a teenager in a TV studio, people speaking in an office, a photograph of a flying saucer and a star map," KCT reported.

At first "Darkhan took the brightly-glowing object for a star of unusual size (magnitude--J.T.) He said it first seemed to be coming down and then poised in the air, which had especially attracted his attention. He saw an odd sphere through the viewfinder of his video camera."

"After ten minutes of mysterious transformations, the UFO disappeared behind a house. He watched the flight of the sphere together with his brother and sister. They had no doubt that they saw a flying saucer with aliens on board."

However, the Kazakh Ministry of Civil Aviation disputed the saucer theory, and "officials said it could have been an aircraft, a spacecraft or a star." (Many thanks to Martin Montague and BBC World Service for forwarding the KCT transcript.)


On Monday, March 20, 2001, at 4 p.m.. a woman and her four-year-old son were on the sidewalk in front of their home in Newington, Connecticut, just south of Hartford, the state capital, when they spotted some UFOs.

"I was looking up at clouds and explaining to my four-year-kid son how they move with the wind," she explained, "When I noticed two white shiny objects appear, and then two more. They were crossing the sky in a northeasterly direction."

"When I couldn't see them any more, I looked back at the cloud, and there was one more that seemed to follow them in the same direction."

"I watched it until it disappeared. Then I went inside for about ten minutes and came back out. I laid on the sidewalk , watching the sky again. And, sure enough, I saw a bigger object come from the northeast heading southwest."

"As I watched it, it split up into a triangle shape, with a light at each corner and one light moving between them, 'merging' with them. Observed the craft until it disappeared from sight." (Many thanks to Rev. Billy Dee and Peter B. Davenport of the National UFO Reporting Center for this case.)


On Wednesday, April 11, 2001, at 8:45 p.m., Denise Koppel was outdoors when she saw an oblong UFO fly over from west to east across the sky.

""It was an oblong UFO," Denise reported, "The thing had no lights. It was approximately 2,000 feet (600 meters) above us. The (street) lights across the road made the underside of the object glow. No, not really glow but shimmer maybe. It had globes all over the underside of the thing. Sort of blended in with the sky. It was traveling at maybe 70 miles per hour." (Email Form Report)


On Thursday, April 12, 2001, at 10:15 p.m., Skip Yost and his wife were returning to their car in Moraine State Park in Butler County, Pennsylvania when they spotted a strange bright light in the sky.

My wife and I were returning to our vehicle after spending approximately two hours viewing the stars. Both with our eyes and our binoculars , I suddenly spotted a very bright white light moving extremely fast. through the sky. It was about 80 degrees above the horizon, moving from the southeast to the northwest. It was not moving in a straight line and much faster than all of the aircraft in the vicinity."

"The 'object' was moving five or six times faster than any other aircraft in the sky...Using the binoculars, which were German-made 16X50's, I was able to determine that the UFO was triangular-shaped and very dark, except for the 'lights' at the rear of the craft."

"To the naked eye, the lights appeared to be one big bright light. However, when I viewed it through the binoculars, it was easy to see that there were actually three separate and distinct lights. The two outside lights were larger than the middle one. They were in a straight line across the rear apron of the craft."

"As the UFO proceeded along, they would switch from a very bright white to to red, then to blue, then to green and then back to white again."

"My wife and I both observed the UFO until it was out of sight over the horizon, all the while making comments to one another. I observed through my binoculars that the lights changed color in a distinct pattern from left to right quite rapidly."

Skip added that their vantage point for the observation was near Lake Arthur in Moraine State Park. (Email Form Report)


Three people at the Self-Awareness Earth Institute in Trout Lake, Washington state, witnessed an unusual UFO display the evening of Saturday, April 7, 2001.

According to Patricia, one of the eyewitnesses, "On Saturday night, James (Gilliland, the ranch owner--J.T.) and I were upstairs when we heard his friend, Paul, outside, yelling excitedly. We ran out on the deck and saw a bright circular light traveling up from the far horizon, then up into the night sky."

The glowing circular light arced across the sky at a very slow speed, "taking about five minutes to cross the sky," Patricia added.

"It was clearly not a plane (too bright, no flashing lights--Patricia) and it was the brightest object in the sky."

"As I stood on the front deck watching it, I was overcome by the cascade of energy, from my head down to my toes. Like being washed in a shower of glittering golden globes of light with energy pulsing through my entire body I felt an incredible joy and love and lightness and radiance. Paul began yelling that he was getting pulses of energy as well."

When the encounter began, James Gilliland grabbed his camcorder, mounted it on the tripod in the front yard, and began shooting the footage. Suddenly, Patricia said, "the object sent a pulse directly at the camera."

"Kater, we all stood outside, gathered around the fire and marveled at what we had seen and felt." (Many thanks to John M. Novak for this report.)


On Thursday, March 6, 2001, seer Quentin Jessup appeared on the radio show The Prophecy Club, based in Topeka, Kansas, and "a large earthquake in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Oregon," an earthquake in excess of 6.0 on the Richter scale."

Jessup told the radio audience that a similar earthquake had struck on January 26, 1700, causing tidal waves in Japan, and he felt that history was about to repeat itself. He forecasted a specific date for the big quake--Friday, April 13, 2001.

But the earthquake didn't happen.

No tidal waves rushed ashore between Tillamook and Gold Beach.

The most exciting thing to happen over the Easter weekend was in Bend, Oregon, where proposed new mining regulations were unveiled in Deschutes County by local officials.

The prediction failed. (See USA Today for April 16, 2001, "Oregon," page 10A. Also UFO Roundup volume 6, number 11 for March 26, 2001, "Christian seer warns of a big quake in Oregon," page 7.)

(Editor's Comment: Well, Mr. J, I guess you can forget about taking Sandra Bullock to the Nostradamus Awards next year. And the moral of this story, readers is...the Almighty is not in show business. He/She/It is not a trained seal, performing earthquakes on some wannabe prophet's cue.)


"Several Moroccan and Italian archaeologists have shed a new light on the region around Nador" in northeastern Morocco.

"The team discovered three intact skeletons of children dating from the third millenium B.C."

According to OVNI Maroc, the skeletons were unusually large, about 190 centimeters (6 feet, 3 inches) in length.

"In a communique to the Moroccan Institute of Science, the team reported that the skeletons were found in a substrata in a grotto called Iffri Namar. The remains appear to be from an unknown culture dating from about 3,400 B.C. Eight samples of dessicated bone were taken from the remains and sent to Rime for DNA analysis." (See the newspaper El Ansa for April 13, 2001. Merci beaucoup au OVNI Maroc et Alfredo Lissoni de Centro Ufologico Nazionale d'Italia pour cette nouvelles.)

(Editor's Comment: Maybe Morocco was the original homeland of the Biblical giant, Goliath of Gath.)


"Bomb disposal experts wearing gas masks loaded trucks with shells of mustard gas and other toxic chemicals as they prepared to clear a stockpile of World War One munitions from a French town."

"More than 12,000 people from Vimy," a town near Arras about 144 kiloneters (90 miles) north of Paris, "and the surrounding region spent Easter (April 15, 2001) in hotels or schools after being evacuated amid fears that the ageing weapons collected from battlefields around France could explode or leak."

"The evacuation came after some of the canisters were discovered leaking," The munitions were transferred to a French Army base east of Paris.

"In Vimy on Friday, April 13, 2001, "police and firefighters were going door-to-door telling people to leave their homes within 24 hours."

"Those being evacuated live within a two-mile radius from a depot in the northern town of Vimy, where officials found signs of cracking in some munitions in storage containers at the site within the past few days."

Curiously enough, the discovery of the leaking mustard gas canisters came on April 9, which is the 84th anniversary of the battle of Vimy Ridge. On April 8, 1817, Lt. Gen. Edmond Allenby, commander of the British Third Army, sent the Canadian Corps to attack the German trenches along the heights near Vimy. The Canadians took the ridge but at a cost of a hundred thousand casualties.

French "Interior Minister Daniel Vaillant called it 'a very serious matter.' Hundreds of soldiers and police officers were rushed to Vimy, and more than 100 buses were brought in to shuttle residents to hotels." (See USA Today for April 16, 2001, "WWI weapons force town's evacuation," page 5A, and the Chicago Tribune for April 14, 2001, "France evacuating thousands near WWI depot," page 3.)

(Editor's Comment: Kind of makes you wonder what's going to happen in 2041 when all those cheapo 100-kiloton nukes get to be 90 years old and start leaking plutonium. I probably won't be around. But if I am, I can't wait to see what kind of spin President Jack Schlossberg puts on that mess.)



Tadeus Silowicz writes, "I would like to say that your newsletter in its original version is now available at our website here in Poland."

European readers can now log in at http://www.uforaport.prv.pl/hotlinen.htm

From the UFO Files...


In South America, the most common types of extraterrestrials sighted are the Hermanos Espaciales (Space Brothers), also known as Nordics of Off-World Humans (OWH).

The heyday of Space Brother sightings was in the 1950s, as this account from Argentina will show.

In April 1957, Ricardo Machado (real name is still classified by the Carabineros or state/provincial police of Argentina--J.T.) was one happy fella. After many years of careful saving, he had just bought a used 1952 Harley-Davidson motorcycle and was eager to try it out.

So, after gassing up in his home city of Cordoba, located about 480 kilometers (300 miles) west of Buenos Aires, the national capital, Ricardo hopped onto his machine, opened the throttles and thundered.

With the slipstream ruffling his dark hair and pushing his sunglasses flush against his face, Ricardo was "riding along a road about 15 kilometers (9 miles) from the (Cordoba) international airport, when his machine suddenly failed."

With a muttered cough, the Harley's powerful engine died out. Gaping in amazement, Ricardo coasted the motorcycle over to the side of the road, slid off the leather seat and set the kickstand.

"Dismounting to investigate, he perceived a huge disc some 18 meters (60 feet) wide." He estimated the central portion of the silver disc to be about 4 meters (13 feet) high. The saucer was "hovering about 15 meters (50 feet) above the ground just ahead of him."

"Terrified, he hid in the ditch."

"Silently, except for a sound like the faint hiss of air escaping from a valve, the disc came down to a height of about two meters (5 feet, 6 inches) and a sort of lift (pampasout onto the open roads of the elev in the USA--J.T.) descended from its base, coming down almost to the ground."

"In it was a man about 1.6 meters (5 feet, 8 inches) in height who came over and gently coaxed the motorcyclist out of the ditch."

The alien "then stroked his (Ricardo's) forehead to calm him. The stranger's garb was like a diver's suit, fitting his body closely, and seemingly (made) of some kind of plastic."

"Entering the disc via the lift-shaft with his companion," Ricardo found there were five or six similarly dressed men seated before instrument panels. An extraordinary light filled the cabin, and there were series of large square portholes which strangely enough he had been unable to see from outside."

"The motorcyclist was then escorted back to his own machine. His companion placed a hand on his shoulder in a gesture of farewell and re-entered the lift-shaft, which rapidly rose into the disc."

"The disc, (made) of an iridescent bluish-green metal, climbed swiftly to what he thought might be 750 meters (2,500 feet) and vanished rapidly towards the northwest (the high Andes--J.T.) During the next hour or so, the same machine (UFO) or another one was seen at six or seven places along the same" road.

Ricardo returned safely to Cordoba without, Jemry Regnery Co., Chicago, Ill., 1969, pages 87 and 88.)

Well, that's it for this week. You know, there hasn't been a sizeable earthquake for a couple of weeks now. Dare I say it? Could "Earthquake Season" finally, finally be over? We'll find out next week, with the return of "the paper that goes home-UFO Roundup. Join us then for more coverage of UFO and paranormal events from all over the planet Earth. Have a great week!

UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2001 by Masinaigan Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO Roundup on their websites or in news groups, provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue in which the item first appeared.


Site Map | Home | UFO Roundup Vol. 6 | UFO Roundup | Report a Sighting
Latest Updates | Site Search | Submissions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

URL: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/v06/rnd06_16.shtml