UFO Roundup/UFOINFO LogoUFO Roundup/UFOINFO Logo

Volume 7
Number 33
August 13, 2002

Editor: Joseph Trainor

UFO Roundup and the UFOINFO site are operated on a "Not For Profit" basis. You can help to keep UFO Roundup operating by making a donation.


"Dozens of peasants saw a UFO land in a farm field just outside the village of Kozyaka," near Trikala in northern Greece.

"According to the Athens News Agency (ANA), "The flying object the peasants saw was disc-shaped and 10 meters (33 feet) in diameter, with hundreds of small portholes on it. The UFO landed and left traces on the field."

The incident "took place Wednesday (August 7, 2002) during the morning hours."

According to ANA, "as unbelievable as the incident sounds, the flying saucer was also sighted by hundreds of villagers in the Trikala region. These villagers described the flying saucer as an object which caused enormous light flashes and made unusual maneuvers in the sky while they were watching it."

"ANA also reported that UFOs have been sighted by the locals during the past several days. The short visits of these UFOs are now being considered commonplace by the villagers from the area."

Trikala is in the Pinios River valley about 185 kilometers (111 miles) northwest of Athens, the capital of Greece. (Many thanks to Haktan Akdogan of Sirius Space Sciences Research Center of Istanbul for this report.)


"A well-known resident of Jacinto Arauz," a town in Argentina's Buenos Aires province, "was hospitalized late Friday (August 2, 2002) in a state of shock after having had a strange experience in a field he owns."

According to investigating police officer Marcelo Alarcon, "on Friday afternoon, Raul Dorado, 64, was touring the field located 5 kilometers (3 miles) northeast of the town (Jacinto Arauz), as he is accustomed to do. The man explained to the police that 'he had heard sound on two occasions, like a whirlwind, which drew his attention. The third time, he saw something he describes as a green circle with three legs hovering over him.'"

"At that moment, Dorado fell to the ground and, according to his story, he carried a shotgun, binoculars and a cellphone, the last of which was 'taken from his hand, and he could clearly see it being sucked into the object, which was apparently at low altitude.'"

In an interview with the newspaper La Nueva Provincia, Dorado described his experience with the green UFO.

"'As I was heading back toward the farmhouse, where I'd left the car, that's when the thing appeared,'" Dorado said, "'It was a dim, green-colored circumference--although in daylight I wasn't able to see its luminosity. It had three legs and was barely a meter (3.3 feet) to a meter-and-a-half (5 feet) away from me,' he mentioned."

"'When I saw it,' he continued, 'I felt something like an electrical charge. I fell to the ground on my knees, paralyzed, unable to do anything, with my shotgun leaning on the ground. I was also carrying binoculars and had a cellphone in my left hand, which was sucked up by the green circle. I saw it rising and disappearing.'"

"As the object disappeared toward the east, Dorado remained at the location for an hour before being able to rise and walk back to his car, returning to town in a state of shock."

"Aided by his wife and neighbors, the man was admitted to the local hospital where he was cared for by Dr. Ana Maria Lazaric."

"Following this incident, Deputy Sheriff Daniel Rosane" decided to do some investigating on his own. Rosane "reported that he has since dialed the cellphone's number a few times. It would ring and then made the typical sound of when buttons are being pressed to dial. In a subsequent attempt, he discovered that the phone was answered but only heard breathing sounds. In later attempts, the operator reported that the phone was either (shut) off or out of range." (See the Argentinian newspapers La Arena of La Pampa for August 4, 2002, "Local resident claims seeing a UFO; hospitalized in shock," and La Nueva Provincia for August 9, 2002, "Rancher claims being paralyzed by unknown object." Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Gloria Coluchi para eses articulos de diario.)


"The discovery of three dead burros, showing signs of mutilation, raised concerns among residents of El Churchal in the department of Humahuaca," in Argentina's Jujuy province, "according to police sources."

"The animals, belonging to Miguelina Martinez, were found lying in a pasture field. One of them was missing an eye, another the tail and part of the anus, while the third one, a pregnant female, had a circular wound in the lower abdomen and was missing its fetus."

"The discovery of the mutilated animals was corroborated by Sixto Vasquez Suleta, an author from Humahuaca and former cultural affairs director for the province of Jujuy, who stated that the case is not normal and is not related to normal predator activity."

"Vasquez Suleta stated that the animal bodies gave off no odor, while dogs refused to approach them, and there were no signs of violence or any struggles in the place where they were found. The mutilation claims were made at the Humahuaca Sheriff's Office, whose headquarters dispatched a mission to the scene to learn further details."

Elsewhere in Argentina, "at the El Nauco ranch, 50 hectares in size...Julia Cavanagh is the daughter of the pasture field's administrator," and the ranch is "located 70 kilometers (42 miles) west of Chacharramendi, where she said that from June 20 (2002) to date (Wednesday, August 7, 2002) 'six cows and four bulls have been found mutilated.'"

Srta. Cavanagh complained, "'Local police do not take down reports involving mutilated cows because there are orders from above (not to do so--S.C.).'"

Argentinian police denied that mutilation cases are being covered up.

"'There exists no order to cease accepting reports on cattle mutilations,' said the chief of Regional Unit 1, Juan Carlos Gorris, 'Under no circumstances can we stop accepting reports because we are obligated to act. The judge will determine later if a crime should be investigated or not.'"

"Gorris explained that part" of the El Nauco ranch "falls into the jurisdiction of Regional Unit 1 in Telan, and the other under Regional Unit 4 in Chacharramendi.
The officer in charge of Regional Unit 4, Deputy Sheriff Osvaldo Olie, indicated that 'we are in the middle of an investigation. We still do not have official information to give out because we're just finding out what happened.'"

In western Argentina's Catamarca province, "a mutilated bovine, missing its genitals, tongue, ears and eyes was found in recent hours (Thursday, August 8, 2002) at El Penon in Catamarca, near the El Rodeo summer village, 38 kilometers (22 miles) from" San Fernando del Valle, the provincial capital, "according to the National Health and Agroalimentary Quality Service (Spanish acronym SENASA--J.T.)."

"The discovery occurred at Cerro Ambato (hill), according to the owner of the mutilated cow--Carlos Sosa--who later made the corresponding claim to the El Rodeo Sheriff's Office of the alleged case of 'damages.'"

"Police confirmed that, according to Sosa, the animal in question is a cow missing its genitals, eyes, tongue and ears, and with a hole in the area of the knee, but which shows no signs of decomposing."

"With the three burros found this week in the province of Jujuy, the number of animal species being mutilated rises to seven. Aside from bovines, which are involved in 90 percent of these events, horses, pigs, sheep, guanacos (a small relative of the llama--J.T.) and wild boars have also been mutilated."

In Buenos Aires province, rancher Hugo Valdez "owns property 50 kilometers (30 miles) northeast of" Patagones "and about 5,000 meters distant from the first (mutilation) cases, at the Miguel Angel Cordoba farm." Valdez reported, "My son Ignacio made the discovery while out hunting with a friend. They approached the dead animal when they saw it."

"According to Valdez, the animal's death could have occurred ten days ago," or on or about Wednesday, July 31, 2002.

"Upon reaching the site, they saw that it presented the characteristics of the mutilated animals. 'We could readily see that in part of the lower jawbone, the bone was entirely dessicated. Right there, in this part, it gave the impression of an animal that had been dead for a very long time,' he added."

"This was not the case, however, with the rest of the body parts. On the other hand, the udder had been cut off in a circular manner, and the anus had been extracted altogether. The digestive and reproductive tracts, as well as the bladder, were absent."

"'It was also missing its tongue but not its trachea. We were surprised when we cut the shoulder blade and turned (the animal) around. There, the flesh seemed perfectly natural, since an artery was cut and the blood was coagulated. We opened the abdomen and the rumen, and we could see that the (cow's) dung was as one would find in a recently butchered animal,' explained the rancher."

In addition, "another tank-emptying case occurred in a pasture field near Hugo Valdez's property, according to the owner, who refused to be identified. One of his large-capacity Australian (water) tanks was found completely empty. The event occurred only a few days before" Ignacio Valdez discovered the mutilated cow. (See the Argentinian newspapers El Diario de la Palma for August 7, 2002, "Contradictions emerge in reporting animal mutilations," La Nueva Provincia for August 9, 2002, "Three burros mutilated in Jujuy," Agencia Noticias de TELAM for August 9, 2002, "Mutilated bovine found in Catamarca," and La Nueva Provincia for August 9, 2002, "Ten reports in Patagones." Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Gloria Coluchi para eses articulos de diario.)


UFO activity is on the rise in the USA's state of Wisconsin.

On Sunday, July 14, 2002, just after 4 a.m., a woman eyewitness in Ashland, Wisconsin (population 8,620) reported, "I had just logged off the Internet, went to the bathroom and got a snack. Then I fed my cat, got my nightgown on and then went to bed. I got just about all nestled in when a big flash of light came through the window, and weird noises began, and the whole house shook."

"The lights kept turning on and off--the TV kept turning on and off also. It would get very dark, and then bright flashing lights would appear."

"I could not move. It was like I was frozen. I'm still shaking. I cannot get it out of my mind. I was not dreaming this. I swear--it really happened."

(Editor's Note: Ashland is sometimes considered "the UFO capital of Wisconsin.")

On Sunday, August 4, 2002, at 10:36 p.m., in Three Lakes, Wisconsin, 25 miles (40 kilometers) northeast of Rhinelander, the male witness reported, "I was on vacation with my family at three cabins by the lake. My uncle and I made a fire. When we finished the fire, we sat out on the pier and looked at the sky for a satellite that we see every year up there."

"Then, suddenly, we saw a whitish-color, circle-shaped object heading south from the north (Michigan's Upper Peninsula--J.T.) It had no sound or wings or a tail like a comet or an asteroid. But it was weird because the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis--J.T.) appeared, but the shape wasn't the Northern Lights because it didn't change color (like the aurora--J.T.) or move (undulate--J.T.) like the Northern Lights. It was moving about 70 miles per hour (112 kilometers per hour). That's why we saw it for ten seconds." (Editor's Comment: The description of the auroral effect is interesting. Did the witnesses see a UFO actually coming out of hyperspace?)

On Monday, August 5, 2002, at 10:40 p.m., Scott T. was in Mount Pleasant, a suburb of Racine, Wisconsin, and "I was driving north on Highway 31 about a half-mile from Highway 11. I happened to notice something out of the corner of my eye. When I looked, I could see the object. It was just over the treeline and the size of a quarter (USA 25-cent coin--J.T.) and very bright white. It was about 5 miles (8 kilometers) from me in the sky, maybe a little closer."

"It was hovering there for a few seconds, and then it turned on its axis, and it seemed to stretch out to about the size of my fist. I could kind of make out four lights that were very close together, but the light was too bright to really tell. Then some trees blocked my view for ten seconds and, since I was heading north, I figured I would see it when the trees were out of my way." However, "it had vanished at the stoplight at the intersection of (Highways) 31 and 11. I searched the sky, but I never saw it again." (For the Ashland sighting, see the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for August 9, 2002, "UFOs still in Northland?" page 1B. For the Three Lakes and Racine sightings, many thanks to John Hoppe of UFOWisconsin.)

(Editor's Comment: This must be Weird Wisconsin Week at UFO Roundup. Look what else is going on in the USA's Badger State.)


"Dennis Murphy of Plymouth," Wisconsin (population 7,781) "is a hunter."

"Over the years, armed with a camera and a supply of Plaster of Paris, Murphy has hit the woods of northwestern Wisconsin in search of a creature so rare that no one has ever bagged one: Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Yeti, or as the Ojibwe (or the Anishinabe, an indigenous people of the north central USA--J.T.) call him Bugway-jinini, the Wild Man."

"Murphy, 54, said he first encountered two aging Bigfoots while searching for a fishing spot 30 years ago. He mostly kept the sighting to himself, fearing he would be laughed at and ridiculed."

"He still tracks the elusive creature and believes he captured its image on film during a recent foray into the woods near Danbury," Wisconsin, a small town on the St. Croix River, approximately 50 miles (80 kilometers) south of the "Twin Ports" of Superior, Wisconsin and Duluth, Minnesota. "He said he didn't see the creature but found its image when he had his film developed after his return."

"While he didn't see the creature this summer, the footprints and the sounds he heard from the woods reassured him that Bigfoot is real."

"'I heard him following me. And I heard what sounded like a horse whinnying. I wasn't afraid. This is not a creature to be afraid of.' he said, 'With all the changes and all the growth, I was very happy to realize they were still out there and not extinct.'"

"Since April (2002), Murphy has ventured out about 20 times in search of Bigfoot. He remains confident and optimistic."

"'The anticipation is always there,' he said, 'I think I can find this creature.'"

"Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources officials remain unconvinced that there is a huge, undiscovered mammal stalking the north woods."

"'We've not had anyone, to the best of my recollection, claim to have seen Bigfoot,' said Jim Bishop, public affairs officer for the Wisconsin DNR's northern region." (See the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for August 5, 2002, "Man insists Bigfoots still roam the north woods," page 1C and 3C.)


It was Saturday, August 3, 2002, at 12:30 a.m., eyewitness John Erickson reported, "When I first noticed it, I was on the corner of White Street and Brentwood Street" in Daytona Beach, Florida (population 64,112), a city 253 miles (404 kilometers) north of Miami. "My house is only three blocks north."

"I was driving home, heading north, when I saw a brightly-lit, multicolored light in the sky to my left front (northwest). When I got home, I could still see it. I called my wife at work and told her what I was seeing. I went to where she works, right across the street from the famous (Daytona) Raceway, and we both watched it until about 1:30 a.m."

"I tried to show it to another employee, but he had very poor eyesight and was unable to see it. The object was about two to three times the size of a large star. The clarity of the blinking lights was amazing. I am retired from the Army infantry, so you could consider me a skilled observer."

"The lights were red, blue, green and purple. It was roughly diamond-shaped, slightly elongated from top to bottom. When I first saw it at home, I could see a darkened saucer shape surrounding the blinking lights when I was using the binos (binoculars--J.T.). The shadowy saucer shape I noticed at home was not visible (back) at work."

"It never moved, that I saw. When I first saw it at work, it was at about four fingers held at arm's length above the trees. When I came back out, after getting that other employee, it was only one finger-length above the trees. The sky was dark with mottled clouds. At 1:30 a.m., the sky clouded up fully." (Email Form Report)


On Monday, August 5, 2002, at 10:12 p.m., Tatiana, age 12, sighted a UFO in her hometown of New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada, on the Fraser River just east of Vancouver. She reported, "Before I saw the UFO, I saw a big bright light in the sky. I did not know what it was. Then the big bright light disappeared. Then I saw an oval object. It was going north, and then it went west. It was higher than an airplane, but it went lower and lower, and then it went high-high-high. I had it in view for six to ten minutes. That's all I remember."

Two days earlier, on Saturday, August 3, 2002, Dave V. saw a UFO near Ottawa, the capital of Canada. Dave reported, "While driving with family and guests from Montreal southwest of Highway 417 and south of the Walkley exit, we noticed a bright silver object hovering in the sky. It appeared to be about a half-mile (800 meters) above ground, hovering. The object was quite large and was not like anything I have seen in the sky before. I quickly told my wife to look. She pointed it out to our passengers in the back seat. My wife and son were able to get a quick look before the oblong silver object vanished before their eyes. It did not travel in any direction--it just vanished." (Email Form Reports)


"One of the first documented reports of crop circle formation--the unexplained geometric designs that occur in fields of wheat and corn--appeared in Stirlingshire, Scotland (UK) in 1678. But the phenomenon was largely ignored until the 1970s and 1980s when formations began to appear with increasing frequency around the globe."

"Yet is China really devoid of these unusual creations? Certainly if someone or something is trying to communicate with mankind through patterns carved into crops, China's sizable population could not be ignored."

"Western experts have obviously failed to carefully consider the data from this country (China). One has only to refer to the work of Zhang Hui, a research Fellow at the Xinjiang Museum in Urumqui, to find evidence which suggests that China--with its long history--experienced crop circle phenomena long before any other civilization on this planet."

"Zhang claims to have discovered more than twenty stone patterns appearing to mimic crop circle formations from other countries but pre-dating them by 3,000 years."

Zhang discovered "several of these stone circle patterns, which range from single circles to more elaborate shapes, in the grasslands of Qinghe beside" China's border with Mongolia.

"Zhang was intrigued. He quickly headed to Beijing," China's capital, "to consult Chinese translations of reference works by British crop circle experts."

"He was amazed by the similarities."

"Zhang believes the primitive people of the (Qinghe) region, after witnessing the actual formation of crop circles, concluded that the signs were a form of communication from the gods and responded in kind to the divine messages by placing rocks in the shape of the circles."

"According to Zhang, one rare eyewitness described seeing a crop circle appear in a northeastern China field in only a short time while he was in the company of Red Guards. However, the event occurred during the Cultural Revolution (1966 to 1976), when such superstition was illegal, so the account went undocumented." (See the Shanghai Star for August 2, 2002, "China says crop circles appeared there 3,000 years ago." Many thanks to Chen Jilin for this newspaper article.)

From the UFO Files...


At about 1 a.m. on Tuesday, August 16, 1977, Elvis Aron Presley, 42, the singer better known to his legions of fans as "the King," called his step-brother Rick Stanley and asked him to bring a Demerol pill. Elvis said he had chipped his tooth and "was in pain."

Elvis talked with Rick Stanley for over an hour about the pending divorce between Elvis's dad, Vernon Presley, and Rick's mother Dee. They also discussed Elvis's upcoming 11-day music tour.

Shortly thereafter, Elvis played a game of racquetball with his 21-year-old fiancee, Ginger Alden. At 4 a.m., the couple called it quits and went to bed.

Thus began what some writers have called "the strange death of Elvis Presley."

"'I'll never forget his last words,' Alden says, ''Precious, I'm going to go in the bathroom and read.' And I can never forget the horror of finding his body just hours later, his face purple and his eyes blood-red.'"

Ginger Alden awoke at 2 p.m. "Finally, she opened the (bathroom) door and peeped inside. What she saw was Elvis doubled up face down on the floor, with his buttocks elevated, in the fetal position. Clearly he had been sitting in the black leather and chrome chair reading and had toppled forward onto the floor. The book was still lying on the chair. (my emphasis--J.T.)

Oddity Number One--Elvis is said to have had his fatal heart attack while reading. If so, he didn't tumble right to the floor. Apparently, he took a few moments to close the book and place it carefully on the chair.

"Alden called Graceland's security and Elvis's road manager. Joe Esposito soon rushed into the room. 'The minute I touched him I knew it was over,' recalls Esposito, 'I rolled him over and tried to give him heart massage. I couldn't open his mouth. (my emphasis--J.T.)'"

This was a clear indication that rigor mortis had already set in, meaning that Elvis had died at least six hours earlier, most likely sometime between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m.

Yet what are we to make of the original report by Sgt. R.E. Millican of the Memphis, Tenn. Police Department, i.e. Report No. 2793 for August 16, 1977?

Sgt. Millican wrote, "Subject: Presley, Elvis. Offense: DOA (Dead on Arrival).
The above subject was brought to the Baptist Hospital after being found unconscious in the upstairs bedroom (my emphasis--J.T.) of his home (the Graceland mansion). The subject was transported by fire department and ambulance and was DOA at the hospital. Homicide and the medical examiner did make the scene at the hospital and at (Graceland) 3764 Elvis Presley Boulevard."

Conflicting testimony abounds. In Albert Goldman's book Elvis, "Joe Esposito was called. When he turned Elvis over on his back, he heard a sighing sound, convincing him that Elvis was still breathing."

In an interview with US Magazine dated August 24, 1984, "Ginger Alden says she found the body at 12:30 p.m., not 2 p.m."

Most intriguing is the Medical Examiner's report. "According to this report, it appears that although the body was discovered at 1400 (2 p.m.) there is a time lapse of an hour and a half (my emphasis--J.T.) until police were notified at 1530 (3:30 p.m.) and the Medical Examiner notified at 1600 (4 p.m.). It also reads that Elvis was pronounced dead at 1530. If it's true that Elvis was DOA and rigor mortis had set in, why so long in pronouncing him dead?"

Then there's the delicate matter of Elvis's weight at death. "The report of the county medical examiner in Memphis, Tenn. lists Elvis's weight at 170 pounds. A call to the examiner's office reports that all corpses are weighed and any variation would depend upon how much food the dead man had in his stomach when found."

Columnist James Bacon reported, "Everyone I have talked to who saw Elvis in those last days put his weight at well over 200 pounds. One even had it as high as 250 pounds."

Apparently, Elvis somehow lost 50 pounds while sitting in the bathroom reading.

"Somehow, in all the confusion, order reigned. Within hours Elvis's body was reportedly autopsied, taken to the Memphis Funeral Home, embalmed and returned to the (Graceland) mansion early the next day. Cause of death was from the beginning a mystery. Elvis was encased in a specially-designed casket weighing 900 pounds which was flown in 'overnight.'"

The unusual coffin triggered speculation among Memphis residents that the King had faked his death. The "extra weight" in the coffin was said to be "a special air-conditioning unit designed to keep Elvis's wax mannequin from melting in the August heat."

Adding to the speculation was Elvis's lifelong business manager, Colonel Tom Parker. "The Colonel, rather than returning immediately to Memphis, flew to New York where he met with the owner of a large merchandising firm. A deal was made to merchandize Elvis via the Colonel's company, Boxcar Enterprises, owned 56 percent by the Colonel and 22 percent each by the Presley estate and the Colonel's assistant, Tom Ditkin."

"Nearly two weeks after Elvis's funeral, three men were arrested 'attempting to steal the body of Elvis.' This occurred August 29, 1977. The men arrested said they did not want the body of Elvis but wanted to prove to the world that Elvis had not died and that there was no body in the crypt."

"The three charged with the kidnapping attempt were merely charged with trespassing and released on bond. Later Vernon (Elvis's father) dropped all charges. Why?"

As a result, on October 2, 1977, the bodies of Elvis and his mother, Gladys Love Smith Presley, were removed from the crypt at Memphis's Forest Hill Cemetery and re-interred at Graceland, in what are now the Meditation Gardens.
Amazingly, the Memphis zoning board had granted Vernon Presley a variance to allow a private cemetery on the mansion grounds.

Tongues really began to wag, however, when Elvis's headstone appeared at the site, bearing the name "Elvis Aaron Presley."

As Gail Brewer-Giorgio points out in her book Is Elvis Alive?, the King's true name was Elvis Aron Presley. That's how it reads on the Standard Certificate of Live Birth issued at Tupelo, Lee County, Mississippi on January 8, 1935.

Elvis Aron Presley is also on the King's 1953 diploma from L.C. Humes High School in Memphis. And on Elvis's U.S. Army induction papers, dated December 18, 1957. And on his DD-214 discharge form.

"The marriage certificate uniting him in marriage to Priscilla Ann Beaulieu reads Elvis Aron Presley."

"The Medical Examiner's Report and Death Certificate read Elvis Aron Presley."

"RCA, in all their promotions, list the name as Elvis Aron Presley."

"All legal contracts spell the name as Elvis Aron Presley."

Giorgio-Brewer wrote, "If Elvis were not buried there, it would be a bad omen to have his name on the grave. If Elvis did not die on August 16, 1977, then it makes sense not to tempt fate by putting one's name on a tombstone...To misspell the name could be a method of saying, 'It's not me.'"

Curiously, Elvis's name is also misspelled on his August 15, 1972 property settlement agreement for the divorce from Priscilla--Elvis Aaron Presley. That's how he signed the document. Could it have been Elvis's way of saying, 'It's not me. I'm not doing this.'?

Much has been made of "Elvis sightings" in the past fifteen years, but few people realize that the sightings literally began the day after the King's death.

According to Giorgio, on Wednesday, August 17, 1977, "a woman who worked at the reservations desk at the Memphis airport...didn't think too much of it at the time. She remembers that on August 17th, a man bearing a slight resemblance to Elvis picked up a ticket to Buenos Aires that had been reserved under the name of John Burrows."

"'John Burrows' (sometimes spelled Burroughs--J.T.) was the code name Elvis Presley used--it was the name he gave to personal friends, including President Richard M. Nixon, if they wanted to get through to him."

In his book, The Elvis Sightings, author Peter Eicher interviewed Louise Welling of Kalamazoo, Michigan, who reported, "About a week after Elvis's funeral, there was a man here in Kalamazoo who came on our (local) TV station and said he saw Elvis walking up Millkam Road to Oakland Drive."

Throughout the 1980s, rumors persisted in Kalamazoo of the mysterious "John Burrows," who owned a sizable office building in the city. Witness Kelly B. finally managed to infiltrate the building on a day in 1986 when Burrows was known to be there. She reported, "'I turned around and looked directly into his eyes. He had on gold-rimmed glasses, a very modified version of what he used to wear, with a slight tint to them.' It wasn't the glasses that convinced her, however, it was the eyes of the King. 'I looked into his eyes. He had the Elvis Presley expression in his eyes, that I think most people who know him are familiar with...The eyes held that kind of sparkle. They were also the same shape and color eyes that Elvis had."

Was Burrows simply an Elvis lookalike? Or did Elvis fake his own death in order to live a quiet life in Kalamazoo? The sightings continue to this day. In fact, there's a website devoted to them at http://www.elvissightingbulletinboard.com

Such are the stange occurrences that have made the death of Elvis one of the world's enduring mysteries. (See the books Is Elvis Alive? by Gail Brewer-Giorgio, Tudor Publishing Co., New York, N.Y., 1988; The Elvis Sightings by Peter Eicher, Avon Books, New York, N.Y., 1993; Elvis by Albert Goldman, McGraw-Hill Book Co., New York, N.Y., 1981; Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Lucy de Barbin and Dary Matera, Villard Books, New York, N.Y., 1977; and Elvis and Gladys by Elaine Dundy, Macmillan Publishing Co., New York, N.Y., 1985. Also the National Enquirer for August 20, 2002, "Elvis: His Final Hours," Globe for August 20, 2002, "Elvis Death Scene," and USA Weekend for August 11, 2002, "The Elvis Files.")

That's it for this week. Barring a fall of blue suede shoes at Graceland on Friday, we are hopefully done with Elvis for now. But we'll be back next week with more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home--UFO Roundup." See you then.

UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2002 by Masinaigan Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO Roundup on their websites or in news groups provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue in which the item first appeared.


Site Map | Home | UFO Roundup Vol. 7 | UFO Roundup | Report a Sighting
Latest Updates | Site Search | Submissions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

URL: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/v07/rnd0733.shtml