UFO Roundup/UFOINFO LogoUFO Roundup/UFOINFO Logo

Volume 10
Number 25
June 22, 2005

Editor: Joseph Trainor

UFO Roundup and the UFOINFO site are operated on a "Not For Profit" basis. You can help to keep UFO Roundup operating by making a donation.


A luminous UFO appeared two nights in a row in Australia's Northern Territory.

"Chris Peacock didn't believe in UFOs--until he saw one two nights in a row."

"The retired bricklayer was star-gazing while he tried to get back to sleep at 3 a.m. Monday," June 13, 2005.

"Instead he was watching the light until daybreak."

"'I looked at the stars, and then one of them looked like it moved,' he said."

"Mr. Peacock, 53, woke his wife and showed her the object."

"His 20-year-old daughter also saw it while she was getting ready to go to work."

"He said it appeared in the sky south of his CDB apartment, over Mindil Beach and East Point" in the Northern Territory.

"'I'd always heard about UFOs and never believed in them,' Mr. Peacock said, 'I know it wasn't a plane or helicopter--it was doing things you know mankind cannot do.'"

"Peacock said the object centered its apparently random movements around the sky until almost dawn, when it disappeared."

"He dismissed it as a strange phenomenon until he saw it again yesterday morning," Tuesday, June 14, 2005.

"'Whenever I have woken, it's been there,' he said, 'You would think someone else would've spotted it.'"

"Mr. Peacock said he hoped more people would come forward if they had seen the object."

"'I didn't know what to believe except that you have to see it for yourself,' he said."

"The Territory is well-known for its UFO sightings-- Wycliffe Well roadhouse, 380 kilometers (288 miles) north of Alice Springs on the Stuart Highway, once reached fifth in the world in a study of UFO incidents."

"In April (2005), tourists took photos of an object flashing brightly as it crossed the night sky in central Australia."

"Experts were unable to identify the object, but it could have been a satellite burning up as it reentered Earth's atmosphere." (See the Australian newspaper Herald-Sun for June 15, 2005, "Territory man sees UFOs." Many thanks to Mobtek for this newspaper article.)


On Saturday, May 28, 2005, at 7:30 p.m., Frank Buckelmann, 41, and his 14-year-old son were walking in the woods near their home in Obergriesbach, Germany when they spotted a strange object approaching from the west.

"On this evening, me and my 14-year-old son took a walk in the woods near our home," Frank reported, "After passing the trees, we looked down the hill into the valley where the village was lit by the slowly disappearing red sun. We were facing south and, suddenly, a rapidly-moving object passed by. Although it seemed to have moved incredibly fast, me and my son saw it clearly. It looked like a cookie or maybe a dish but not quite as round- shaped. On top of it was a bright light. I guess it was a reflection of the setting sun, although it was nearly dark."

"Since the object was very fast and brightly lit, I could not observe exact details about the surface of the object."

"As far as I remember, it emitted no sound. All I heard was a gentle buzzing but not as high-frequency as the roar of a jet engine. But this may have been similar to a car or a motorbike. My son heard it, too, but he also cannot definitely state what emitted that noise."

"As we realized that the object would quickly leave our field of view, we ran around a group of trees to look in the easterly direction. But we were not fast enough. I only saw the object becoming smaller and smaller as it moved away. My son did not see it leaving at all."

"On the way back to our house, we talked about it and repeatedly took a look back into the sky in case the object would come back. But we did not notice anything unusual."

"The next morning (Sunday, May 29, 2005), we called the local newspaper and gave an interview about our observations. I hope I can find other people in this region who noticed the object, too."

"My son thinks it flew very low, but I think it was just fast. Very glittery, like silver. It looked like it was falling or zigzagging through the sky."

Frank's interview appeared in the Augsburger Allgemeine Zeitung for May 30, 2005. (Email Form Report)


On Sunday, June 5, 2005, at 1 a.m., the witness was asleep at her home in Redmond, Oregon (population 13,481), a small city about 200 miles (320 kilometers) southeast of Portland, when she heard a strange noise coming from outside her bedroom window.

"As I as sleeping peacefully Sunday morning, I started to hear a singing voice outside my window," the witness reported, "So I got up and took my dog outside with me. Then a big gust of wind blew into my face. The sound, I realized, had become much louder."

"As I looked up and gazed into the sky, I saw a flashing light. Looking closer, I saw the spinning disc beneath it. From what I saw, that's a freaking UFO."

"The skies were clear, with clouds at around 1,000 feet (300 meters). The UFO dashed away to the east, and I lost sight of it." (Email Form Report)

(Editor's Comment: Saucers were active in the USA's Pacific Northwest that weekend. Read on...)


On Monday, June 6, 2005, eyewitness T.G. decided to catch some video footage of her 12-year-old daughter singing with her Web cam. T.G. recorded three minutes of video. But when she played it back the next day, she got the shock of her life. There was a silvery saucer in the background.

"We live up here in Kelso, Washington (state). There's no question that I have real footage," T.G. reported, "I was using my Webcam and recording my daughter singing. I did not look at it until the next day. It was very frightening and disturbing. I have not let my 12- year-old daughter know about it because I do not want this object to harm her. I fear my recording will fall into the wrong hands."

"It was a cone-shaped object, with a black-colored band around the middle. The video recording lasts for three minutes."

Kelso, Wash. (population 11,985) is on Route 4 approximately 64 miles (106 kilometers) south of Olympia, the state capital.


"The UFO reported in Hammond, Louisiana on May 28 (2005) by Shannon Brewer was spotted at close range by myself on (Sunday) April 10, 2005 at approximately 11:03 p.m. outside Bowling Green, Kentucky," truck driver Earl Shelby reported, "I saw the entire craft at a range of 150 feet (45 meters) above my head as I was looking into a farmer's field some 500 feet (150 meters) away."

"The shape of the craft was more or less triangular," he added, "There was one light, luminescent orange, on the bottom, and another, sun-yellow, on the top. No windows or openings. The approximate length was 25 feet (8 meters) by 10 to 12 feet (3 to 4 meters). The craft was definitely on a landing approach to the field, which was to the rear of my parked truck."

"As the craft passed over my truck, it started to sparkle and make strange crackling noises, and then it disappeared into the field behind some trees."

Bowling Green, Ky. (population 49,296) is on Interstate Highway I-65 and Highway 231, the William H. Natcher Parkway, located approximately 116 miles (186 kilometers) southwest of Louisville. (Email Form Report)


On Thursday, June 9, 2005, at 9:45 p.m., Cate Grober was outdoors at her home in Gooderham, Ontario, Canada when she suddenly saw "a ball of golden light moving at a moderate speed really high up. At first I thought it was a shooting star. No way, though. It was too big and too slow. I had it in sight for one minute. The craft came from the north and went east."

Imagine Cate's surprise when another UFO stopped by two hours later.

On Friday, June 10, 2005, at 12:15 a.m., she reported, "I saw a large glowing ball of golden light high up. It was moving and stopping behind some very tall pine trees. It flew from the south to the west. I watched it for two to three minutes, then it zipped away--no trail, just gone."

But the UFOs had one last call to make in that part of Ontario.

On Monday, June 13, 2005, at 1:20 a.m., she reported, "I saw something high in the sky. Two glowing golden balls moving side by side at the same rate of speed. They were very, very slow. This time I had them in view for five minutes. They both came from the west and returned to the west. (Email Form Report)


Those "crazy crocs"--out-of-place alligators appearing in areas far from their natural habitats--struck again last week, this time in California's Napa Valley.

"Wine Country turned into Gator Territory one day this week when a Napa man was called into action to help a woman whose yard was taken over by a 3-foot (0.9-meter long) alligator."

"Greg Poulter said he was working in his garage Wednesday," June 8, 2005, "when he heard his neighbor's 'little voice hollering.'"

"'She said there was a big lizard or something in her backyard,' he recounted."

"Poulter, 68, ran over and grabbed the alligator by the back of its head."

"'He whipped around a few times and was hissing at me,' Poulter said."

"Poulter managed to wrestle the alligator into a dog cage. He tried to feed it dog food and eventually turned it over to officials from the (California) Department of Fish and Game, who believe it's an escaped pet."

"'It's a prohibited species. They aren't allowed to be within California's animal communities,' said Lt. Don Richardson. 'It's an animal that we don't want to get out into the wild to cause problems.'"

"The gator's fate has yet to be determined."

This was the third "crazy croc" incident in two weeks. Last week, crazy crocs made surprise appearances in Somers, Wisconsin and South Bend, Indiana.

Napa, Cal. (population 72,585) is on Highways 121 and 128 about 50 miles (80 kilometers) northeast of San Francisco. (See the Napa Valley, Cal. Register for June 13, 2005, "Gator invades backyard in Wine Country." Many thanks to Mary Lou Jones-Drown for this newspaper article.)


On Tuesday, June 7, 2005, "seven tourists from Beijing witnessed two large black objects emerging from beneath the water at Kanas Lake" in western China's Xinjiang Autonomous Region." The sighting took place at 7:50 p.m.

"They saw the two 'dragons' leaping forward, one after another, in the lake. This went on for two minutes, and then the two beasts disappeared under the water," reported Chen Jilin, UFO Roundup's correspondent in China.

"The lake monsters appeared once again on Wednesday, June 8, 2005. A photograph taken by a man on the beach shows the two wakes left in the water by the monsters."

"These creatures may be the source of the many 'dragon' legends in Xinjiang. UK's Loch Ness is not that unique." (See the Chinese newspaper People's Daily for June 10, 2005, "'Monsters' emerge in Kanas Lake." Many thanks to Chen Jilin for this newspaper article.)


Sunday, June 12, 2005 was a red-letter day for crop circles in UK. New formations were reported in Oxfordshire and Wilshire.

On that Sunday, a large formation appeared at Southend, near Garsington, Oxfordshire, consisting of "six eye shapes on top of each other. The formation was approximately 22 meters (65 feet) in diameter. The central section was about 9 meters (30 feet) in diameter. Each track was two feet (60 centimeters) wide."

The same Sunday, "a new formation was reported in Clatford Bottom, near Marlborough, Wilshire. This new formation appeared in the field opposite the Devil's Den dolmen, which was the location of a 1999 crop circle. It looked like three sunbursts in a circular arrangement." (Many thanks to Robert Fischer for this news report.)


"He stops short of pointing the finger at aliens, but Ray Riguidel swears what he saw in his pasture last Friday evening," June 3, 2005, "couldn't have been done by any known humans or animals."

"Riguidel, 68, has been farming near Paradise Hill," near Lloydminster, Alberta province, Canada "his entire life. During that time he's lost his share of cattle under various circumstances, but the 10-year-old cow he saw last weekend was far different from the rest."

"The udder was gone, one eye and one ear had been removed, and the sex organs were torn away. The remaining 50 or so cattle in the pasture had congregated as far away from the corpse as possible. There were no tire tracks or footprints. There were no signs of a struggle."

"Perhaps most bizarre, however, was the glaring lack of blood despite the numerous and carefully crafted incisions into the carcass."

"'When you see a cow go down, you go look, but I didn't have to look twice. There was a guy with me, and we both popped our eyes.'"

"'I've heard about (cattle) mutilations before, but it never really sunk in,' he said, 'But it's sunk in now. It's real.'"

"Cow mutilations are a relatively recent phenomenon, with the earliest documented cases dating back to the mid- 1900s. While cows have been the main target, less frequent victims have included deer, elk, horses, lambs and dogs."

"In some cases, UFO sightings have been reported near the mutilation sites. And even though skeptics may scoff at these extraterrestrial accounts, no surveillance team has ever come up with any rational explanation for what took place."

"After talking to a friend, Riguidel was encouraged to call Fernand Belzill, a rancher from St. Paul, Alberta who's been investigating mutilations for the past eight years."

"'The reason I get so much publicity is that I'm the only (mutilation investigator) in Canada,' said Belzill, 'I'm the type of guy you don't ask what's new, because I could probably bore you for an hour or two.'"

"Belzill visited Riguidel's farm last Sunday," June 5, 2005, and, based on his initial observations, he thinks the mutilation is authentic, meaning not the work of predators or a known hoax."

"'I guess I believe in UFOs, but I'd like to see one first,' Belzill said, 'We're naive to believe we're alone in the universe. But I guess that's just my opinion.'"

"George Larre, another rancher about 32 kilometers (20 miles) south of Riguidel's farm, had a similar mutilation take place about five years ago. While the scene itself was gruesome enough, he said the behaviour of the other animals in the area was equally disconcerting."

"'The first thing I noticed was--her calf wasn't there. None of the cattle were there. They all went to the far end of the pasture and didn't come back for ten days to two weeks,' said Larre, 59."

Lloydminster is on Provincial Highway 16 approximately 135 miles (216 kilometers) east of Edmonton. (See the Lloydminster, Alta. Meridian-Booster for June 13, 2005. Many thanks to Robert Fischer for this newspaper article.)


"A mutilated horse was discovered at the Parque Raceway, on the outskirts of Santa Rosa, the capital of" central Argentina's La Pampa province.

The horse had been missing for 15 days. Santa Rosa has been the site of intense UFO activity for the past year.

"The horse showed signs of missing its tongue and left ear. An arch-shaped incision was present on its left wither, along with a rather smaller one on its abdomen and still another in the anus."

"The absence of anterior and posterior lymph nodes was also discovered, with incisions in the animal's fetlocks."

Researchers noted "similarities between this case and the one detected in the La Arana Wilderness Area, where the absence of large pieces of (horse) hide on one side of the animal was discovered." (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Raul Oscar Chavez para estas noticias.)


"A kangaroo has been on the loose for the last several months outside Charleston, West Virginia (population 60,000), perplexing authorities who have had problems catching it."

"The three-foot (0.9-meter tall) kangaroo, believed to be a male, comes out mostly at night, officials said. He also appears in backyards and on (Kanawha) county's rural roads."

"'People will call and say, 'I swear I'm not drunk or on drugs, but I just saw a kangaroo,' state conservation officer Clyde Armstead said Thursday," June 16, 2005.

"The first person to report seeing the kangaroo called police one week after Christmas (2004), saying the animal was in their yard."

"'The dispatcher thought someone was celebrating New Year's early,' Armstead said."

"Some think it may belong to the owner of an exotic animal farm in a nearby town, but the owner hasn't come forward."

"Armstead and three officers tried to catch the kangaroo a few nights ago after it was seen along a road. They managed to corner it, but it was too quick for them and it got away.'"

"'There was no way to catch him. It was like chasing a deer,' Armstead said, 'And even if we did get him, I don't know what we could have done with our bare fists. They can punch pretty hard.'" (See the Grand Rapids, Minn. Herald-Review for June 17, 2005, "Kangaroo on the loose near W.V. town.")

(Editor's Comment: Thus does life imitate art. In 1963, the TV show The Beverly Hillbillies aired an episode in which a kangaroo escaped from its cage and hopped around the Clampetts' mansion. An astounded Granny Clampett remarked that it was "the biggest dang jackrabbit I ever did see!")


"At least nine people have been killed and eleven others seriously injured when an unidentified wild beast terrified three villages in Chief Chilikumwendo's area, Dedza, located 70 kilometers (42 miles) south of Lilongwe," in the south-central African nation of Malawi, local police said.

Police identified the victims as "Laison Letela, 50; Mtayizana Kalibands, 8; Bikoko Gobede, 4; a baby identified as Lunjikani; Talasi Joseph, 45; Nakofani Machitala, 40; and Madalitso Yosefe, 7."

"The beast also attacked livestock, killing goats and chickens."

"Police deputy public relations officer Kelvin Maigwa said in an interview that the beast terrorized Chimbola, Mbiyani and Dzalanyama villages around 2 a.m." on Monday, June 13, 2005 "and killed six people and wounded 11 others."

"Two others died in the hospital while one was killed when the beast, believed to be a rabid hyena, attacked more people at Dzalanyama."

"An official at the Dedza District Hospital said the bodies of the nine people were brought to the hospital for post-mortem examination around 10 p.m. and were later released for burial."

"He said all of the bodies came in with parts like legs, stomachs, hands and buttocks missing, while others had heads completely chopped off."

"'It's very pathetic. In one case, police only recovered heads, legs and hands in pieces,' said the official, 'We don't know what sort of creature it is that can attack so many people within the one night.'"

"As guardian of one of the villages, Kazako Lidisoni said the beast had the features of a hyena but with a strong smell."

"Other guardians said villagers used pangas and spears to try to kill the beast as it was feeding on some bodies, but surprisingly it could not be killed."

Malawi's "Assistant Director of Parks and Wildlife Haxwell Jamusana said the villagers believe the beast will return."

"'According to the villagers, the beast was breaking down doors and pouncing on anyone in the house before heading to the nearest house or kraal,' he said."

"He encouraged people to sleep in groups in houses with strong doors, adding that hunters have already been deployed in the area and more would be sent on Tuesday," June 14, 2005.

"Jamusana, who also visited the victims in hospital, said some of the casualties had shoulders, backs or something else eaten up."

"Police have also been deployed, and these are being assisted by local bush rangers." (See the newspaper National Limited of Malawi for June 14, 2005, "Beast kills 9, injures 11 in Dedza." Many thanks to Justin Sabiti for this newspaper article.)

(Editor's Comment: My only question is--how did Malawi corner the market on weird in sub-Saharan Africa?)


A weird prowler, dressed only in a black mask and a pair of sneakers, has been haunting Doylestown, Pennsylvania (population 8,227) for months. This week he was spotted in nearby historic Valley Forge, Pa. (population 1,500).

"Upper Merion police are now cooperating with Doylestown police. They want to know: is it a copycat, or has the infamous 'Naked Zorro' struck again?"

"Around 4:40 a.m. Monday morning," June 6, 2005, "a young woman in her twenties was jogging around the Lafayette Valley Forge apartment complex when she noticed a naked man running towards her. He was wearing a black mask covering his eyes."

"The man peformed a lewd act and then ran off into the woods near one of the apartment buildings. The woods lead to a multi-use trail that runs from southern Montgomery County to Philadelphia."

"He's described as a white male about 20 to 30 years old, at least 6 feet (1.8 meters) tall with curly blond hair. That's the same description as the 'Naked Zorro' who has been stalking women in the Doylestown area since New Year's Eve" nearly six months ago.

"Far from the swashbuckling legend of Diego de la Vega, police say this Zorro is a pervert who can become dangerous."

"Other residents of the apartment complex seemed alarmed by the news."

"The witness was jogging alone before dawn." She noted that she usually "has company while she's exercising."

"The apartment complex management has put out a warning to all residents. The police in Doylestown have several possible suspects, and they're now trying to determine if any of them have ties to the Valley Forge area." (See the WPVI-TV of Philadelphia news broadcast for June 8, 2005. Many thanks to Loren Coleman for this news report.)

(Editor's Comment: Notice the name of the apartment complex--Lafayette. I guess we can chalk this one up to the Fayette Factor.)


"Recent discoveries by a team of archaeologists indicate that the coast of the Caspian Sea in Mazandaran province" in Iran "was home to the earliest hominid habitation in that region."

Iranian archaeologist "Ali Mahforuzi said on Wednesday," June 8, 2005, "that 400,000-year-old stone tools discovered in the valleys of Shuresh near the Rostam Kola, Huto and Kamarband caves are the oldest ever found in the area."

"The previous studies had dated human settlement in the region to have begun about 50,000 years ago."

"'The recent studies conducted by a joint team of archaeologists from the Mazandaran Cultural Heritage and Tourism Department and archaeologists from the Mazandaran National Museum led to the discovery of several stone tools.'"

"'The primary studies on the tools did not reveal their exact age, so the tools were sent to Professor Marcel Otte of the University of Liege in Belgium. He happened to be in Iran and he dated the tools to be 400,000 years old,' Mahforuzi explained."

Iran's archaeologists "are currently following up their studies to learn more about the people who made the tools."

"My friend Kufa Yildaz is very much excited about this discovery," Ayesha al-Khatabi, UFO Roundup's Middle East correspondent, wrote, "She is a great admirer of Mr. (Lin) Carter and pointed out that the Mazandaran tools date from a period 100,000 years after the Age of Thongor. This suggests the intriguing possibility that Iran may have been settled by refugees from the lost continent of Lemuria.'" (See the Iranian newspaper Mehr for June 8, 2005, "400,000-year-old stone tools discovered in Mazandaran." Many thanks to Ayesha al-Khatabi and Kufa Yildaz for this newspaper article.)


"Archaeologists have discovered Europe's oldest civilisation, a network of dozens of temples" estimated to be "2,000 years older than Stonehenge and the Pyramids."

"More than 150 gigantic monuments have been located beneath the fields and cities of modern-day Germany, Austria and Slovakia. They were built 7,000 years ago, between 4800 B.C. and 4600 B.C."

"Their discovery, revealed today by the (British newspaper) The Independent, will revolutionise the study of prehistoric Europe, where an appetite for monumental architecture was thought to have developed later than in Mesopotamia (Iraq--J.T.) and Egypt."

"In all, more than 150 temples have been identified. Constructed of earth and wood, they had ramparts and palisades that stretched for up to half a mile. They were built by a religious people who lived in communal longhouses up to 50 meters (165 feet) long, grouped around substantial villages. Evidence suggests that their economy was based on cattle, sheep, goat and pig farming."

"Their civilisation seems to have died out after about 200 years and the recent archaeological discoveries are so new that the temple-building culture does not even have a name yet."

"Excavations have been taking place over the past few years--and have triggered a re-evaluation of similar, though hitherto mostly undated, complexes identified from aerial photographs throughout central Europe."

"Archaeologists are now beginning to suspect that hundreds of these very early monumental religious centres, each up to 150 metres (500 feet) across, were constructed across a 400-mile (640-kilometer) swath of land in what is now Austria, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and eastern Germany."

"The most complex excavated so far--located inside the city of Dresden (in eastern Germany--J.T.)--consisted of an apparently sacred internal space surrounded by two palisades, three earthen banks and four ditches."

"The monuments seem to be a phenomenon associated exclusively with a period of consolidation and growth that followed the initial establishment of farming cultures in the centre of the continent."

"It is possible that the newly revealed early Neolithic monument phenomenon was the consequence of an increase in the size of--and competition between--emerging Neolithic tribal or pan-tribal groups, arguably Europe's earliest mini-states."

"After a relatively brief period--perhaps just one or two hundred years--either the need or the socio-political ability to build them disappeared, and monuments of this scale were not built again until the Middle Bronze Age, 3,000 years later."

"Why this monumental culture collapsed is a mystery."

"The archaeological investigation into these vast Stone Age temples over the past three years has also revealed several other mysteries."

"First, each complex was only used for a few generations--perhaps 100 years maximum."

"Second, the central sacred area was nearly always the same size, about a third of a hectare."

"Third, each circular enclosure ditch--irrespective of diameter--involved the removal of the same volume of earth. In other words, the builder reduced the depth and/or width of each ditch in inverse proportion to its diameter, so as always to keep volume (and thus time spent) constant."

"Archaeologists are speculating that this may have been in order to allow each earthwork to be dug by a set number of special status workers in a set number of days-- perhaps to satisfy the ritual requirements of some sort of religious calendar."

"The multiple bank, ditch and palisade systems 'protecting' the inner space seem not to have been built for defensive purposes--and were instead probably designed to prevent ordinary tribespeople from seeing the sacred and presumably secret rituals which were performed in the 'inner sanctum.'"

"The investigation so far suggests that each religious complex was ritually decommissioned at the end of its life, with the ditches, each of which had been dug successively, being deliberately filled in."

"'Our excavations have revealed the degree of monumental vision and sophistication used by these early farming communities to create Europe's first truly large scale earthwork complexes,' said the senior archaeologist Harald Staeuble of the Saxony state government's heritage department, who has been promoting the archaeological investigations."

"Scientific investigations into the recently excavated material are taking place in Dresden."

"The people who built the huge circular temples were the descendants of migrants who arrived many centuries earlier from the Danube plain in what is now northern Serbia and Hungary. The temple builders were pastoralists, controlling large herds of cattle, sheep and goats, as well as pigs."

(Editor's Comment: Much like the Aryan tribesmen described in India's Rig Veda and Bhagavad Gita.)

"They made tools of stone, bone and wood, and small ceramic statues of humans and animals. They manufactured substantial amounts of geometrically decorated pottery, and they lived in large longhouses in substantial villages."

"One village complex and temple at Aythra, near Leipzig, covers an area of 25 hectares. Two hundred longhouses have been found there. The population would have been up to 200 people living in a highly organized settlement of 15 to 20 very large communal buildings." (See The Independent for June 12, 2005, "Europe's oldest civilisation found.")

(Editor's Comment: The name of that German town-- Aythra--is interesting. It may have been derived from the Hindi word Aryavarta, which means Land of the Aryans.

According to fantasy author Robert E. Howard (1906- 1936), Europe was destroyed by "the Lesser Cataclysm, better known as the Flood of Deucalion" around 7,000 B.C. This temple-building culture might have been an unsuccessful attempt by the descendants of flood survivors to reconstitute the Hyborian Age kingdom of Nemedia.)


"Residents of the besieged" Nuevo Laredo (population 525,000) in northern Mexico "awoke Monday (June 13, 2005) to find their police force gone, replaced by Mexican Special Forces who took over this border community stung by drug violence."

"Following a gradual buildup over the weekend, Mexican troops--some of whom were trained by the U.S. military--swept into the city before daybreak and took control of a number of strategic operations, including City Hall, the communications tower and police installations. They also detained hundreds of local police officers suspected of being in cahoots with drug traffickers."

Nuevo Laredo is in the small Mexican state of Tamaulipas, on the south side of the Rio Grande, the boundary between the USA and Mexico. It's right across the river from Laredo, Texas (population 176,576).

During the first day of occupation, Mexican officials said, "71 people have been arrested in Operation Safe Mexico, which the government says will target 14 cities that are being overwhelmed by drug traffickers and their paramilitary armies."

"At least 600 people have been killed nationwide" in Mexico "in drug-related violence this year, most of them in the border states."

"The Attorney General's office in the border state of Tamaulipas made a point Monday of telling reporters they are making progress in the fight against traffickers and have siezed more than 10 tons of marijuana and arrested 113 people this year in a country where police of all stripes--federal, state and especially local--often work for drug traffickers instead of citizens, the sight of dozens of (Mexican) federal agents and their Special Forces toting AR-15 assault rifles left many residents elated."

(Editor's Note: I saw the weapons carried by the Mexican troops on TV. They were M-16A2 assault rifles, the same type used by the USA's Army and Marines.)

"'What's taken so long? It's about time,' said Eduardo Garcia, 37, surveying the scene outside City Hall as a paratrooper stood in the back of a Ram Charger with his finger on the trigger of a sniper rifle."

"'I love the sight of them.' Mayor Daniel Pena said he was given little information prior to the start of the operation."

"Faced with intense criticism for his inability to stop a wave of violence that has claimed the lives of some 61 people this year, including a newly-appointed police chief last week, Pena appealed for calm."

"The mayor insisted that everything was normal in the 500,000-population" city, which contains "foreign-owned manufacturing plants" and is heavily dependent upon "international trade."

"Pena's comments drew cheers from residents and reporters. In the absence of local police, (Tamaulipas) state police are on hand to respond to calls from residents."

"'We're trying to see who the real cops are and weed out the bad elements,' Pena said, 'This is for the good of Nuevo Laredo."

"More than 700 (local) officers were loaded aboard trucks and detained for further questioning here and in Mexico City."

"Some U.S. law enforcement officials praised Mexico for the action, but said, 'We have sent them addresses, photos of suspects. Let's see if they really mean business, or if it's just a show.'"

"In Mexico City, (President Vicente) Fox administration officials called on the U.S. government to assist in stopping the entry of illegal weapons into Mexico that have contributed to the bloodshed. Many of the weapons--assault rifles, UZIs and AK-47s--were purchased at gun shows throughout Texas, U.S. and Mexican intelligence officials say."

(Editor's Comment: I'm sure the UN's Blue Helmets will someday put an end to those pesky gun shows in Texas. Or at least try to.)

"Presidential spokesman Ruben Aguilar denied that the (Mexican) government was militarizing the border and said the operation had been in the planning stages for weeks. There are very clear signs of a relationship between agents of the Nuevo Laredo police and drug suppliers, hence the decisive action."

"Despite the federal presence, locals took the latest drama in stride. A small (Mexican) Army convoy of four Hummers crossed downtown Nuevo Laredo. Some people complained that they felt like Iraqis in Baghdad, questioned by federal agents at outposts (checkpoints-- J.T.) as they drove their children to school."

"The amazing thing about Operation Safe Mexico is that it was predicted three months ago by the Times of India," said UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor, "The newspaper said there was a secret agreement between USA President George W. Bush and Mexico's president Vicente Fox to use Mexican troops to patrol the border--on both sides. Operation Safe Mexico appears to be the opening gun in this campaign."

"Some analysts contend that this is all part of a grand plan to bring about a 'Great Merger' of the USA, Canada and Mexico. First, Mexican troops will control the whole border, from San Diego, California to Brownsville, Texas. Second, the border will be replaced with a demilitarized zone (DMZ) stretching 50 kilometers (30 miles) north into the USA and 50 kilometers (30 miles) south into Mexico. It would be similar to the DMZ on the Korean peninsula. Finally, the Mexican troops would be withdrawn, replaced by a multi-national army of UN Blue Helmets. And the blue United Nations flag will be flying over every post office, police department and high school in the zone."

"The UN is already involved in Operation Safe Mexico. As a member state, Mexico had to file a copy of its 'war plan' with both the UN Secretariat in New York City and the Organization of American States (OAS) in Washington, D.C."

"The mission of the UN's Blue Helmets in the border area was defined back in 2001 by William Hyde of the International Organization on Migration. The Blue Helmets would be enforcing the UN's Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Their Families. Under this Convention, would the UN's Globocops be empowered to arrest members of the Minutemen? That's a good question." (See the Dallas, Tex. Morning News for June 13, 2005, "Mexican special forces take control in border town." Also The New American for June 13, 2005, page 28. And the Times of India for March 26, 2005, "Mexican military receives U.S. permission to quell Arizona militia uprising." Many thanks to Jim Danvers for the Texas newspaper article.)

From the UFO Files...


Of all the luminaries in Hitler's Germany, Reichsfuehrer-SS Heinrich Himmler is probably the least well-known. He was "Hitler's hangman" and the architect of the Holocaust, but he was also one of the foremost European mystics of the Twentieth Century.

Military cadet, street-corner revolutionary, chicken farmer, devotee of the Bhagavad Gita, eugenics advocate, Lord of Atlantis and a kind of Teutonic King Arthur, Himmler's life was pretty strange.

And now it looks as if his death in May 1945 was equally strange.

"Documents discovered in Britain's Public Records Office, Kew, London, confirm revisionist claims that Himmler was liquidated by the British secret service on (Winston S.) Churchill's orders, and did not commit suicide shortly after his capture, as conformist historians have long maintained."

According to British author David Irving, who has written a new biography of Himmler, "Winston Churchill had long agitated in his War Cabinet for a secret plan to be approved between the Allied leaders ordering the execution without trial of a number of the enemy leaders, including Himmler."

"Meeting at Hyde Park (New York state) in September 1944, Churchill had readily persuaded (USA president) Franklin D. Roosevelt to sign on to this plan for lynch justice, but, after Churchill carried the document to Moscow in October 1944, (Soviet Union prime minister) Joseph Stalin surprisingly refused to agree, insisting instead on proper trials for all enemy war criminals."

"Rumours emerged last year (2004) that Churchill had personally ordered the silencing of Benito Mussolini, and that the order had been handed to an SOE (Special Operations Executive--J.T.) officer to Italian partisans soon after. Mussolini and his entire Cabinet were liquidated by machine gun squads without trial in the closing days of" World War II in Europe.

"In April 1945, Himmler moved to northern Germany and began negotiations" with the Allies "through his own Intelligence chief Walter Schellenberg and Count (Folke) Bernadotte, the Swedish emissary, to end the bloodshed in Europe."

"The negotiations went through Sir Victor Mallet, the British minister in Stockholm. Stalin was by this time pathologically suspicious of any separate negotiations between the Allied governments and the Nazi leadership."

"For a while Churchill was inclined to deal with him (Himmler--J.T.). Admiral Cunningham, Britain's First Sea Lord, visited Churchill on April 13, 1945 and wrote this startling passage in his diary afterwards: 'During our interview the PM (Prime Minister, i.e. Churchill--J.T.) mentioned that Himmler appeared to be trying to show that he wasn't so bad as painted and PM said if it would save further expenditure of life he would be prepared to spare even Himmler. I suggested there were plenty of islands he could be sent to."

According to Himmler biographer Peter Padfield, "On 10 May (1945, two days after Germany's surrender) he left Haeschen, and accompanied by Brandt, Ohlendorf, Professor Gebhardt, Heinz Macher and his military adjutant, Werner Grothmann, set out by car to make his way to Bavaria (southern Germany--J.T.) ...to join those many other SS- Fuehrers who had gone southeast to establish Werwolf in the Alps."

(Editor's Note: Werwolf was an SS guerrilla organization designed to continue the war through a nationwide insurgency. Werwolf attacks were sporadic but kept occupied Germany in turmoil until the end of 1947. The name is German for Werewolf.)

After crossing the Elbe River, Himmler, Macher and Grothmann "had to leave the cars and continue on foot, mixing in the straggles of refugees and soldiers making their way home, sleeping in the open or in railway stations or in farmers' haylofts. Himmler had shaved off his moustache, donned a black patch over his right eye and wore the uniform of a sergeant in the Geheime Feldpolizei; his two adjutants were disguised as privates in the same organization--a hierarchy that was, perhaps, indicative of his need to be superior. In the event it led to his downfall, for the Geheime Feldpolizei was one of the organizations on the Allied black list, and sergeants and above were subject to automatic arrest."

On May 21, 1945, Himmler "and his two adjutants were arrested as members of the Geheime Feldpolizei at a British control point near Bremervoerde, midway between Hamburg and Bremen. They were transported to a camp at Westertimke, near Bremen, searched and interrogated."

"Himmler was not recognized, but since he and his party had come from Flensburg and possessed notes issued in Flensburg, they were sent to an interrogation centre at Barfeld, near Lueneburg, where those with even remote knowledge of the Nazi leadership were concentrated. He and his two adjutants arrived there some time after noon on (May) 23rd."

"It was lunchtime, by the recollection of one of the intelligence officers at Barfeld camp, Chaim Herzog--later president of the State of Israel--when the Sergeant-Major reported to the commanding officer, Captain (Thomas) Selvester, that three of the newly-arrived prisoners were insisting on seeing him; one claimed to be Heinrich Himmler."

"Selvester went to his office and had the men sent in. As he recollected twenty years later (in 1965), one was small and ill-looking, the other two tall and bearing themselves like soldiers--Grothmann and Macher. Sensing something unusual, he ordered the two large ones taken away and held apart from the other prisoners. The smaller one then removed an eyepatch he was wearing and put on a pair of spectacles. 'His identity was at once obvious,' Selvester recalled, 'and he said, 'Heinrich Himmler' in a very quiet voice.'"

"Selvester then sent for an intelligence officer to interrogate him and called (British Field Marshal Sir Bernard Law) Montgomery's chief of intelligence, Colonel Michael Murphy, at Second Army headquarters, Lueneburg. While waiting for Murphy to drive over, Himmler's signature was tested against a facsimile, and he was stripped and given a full body search. Two small brass cases were found in his clothes, one containing a glass phial which he claimed was medicine for his stomach cramps. Selvester assumed it was poison and guessed the phial from the empty case was in his mouth."

"In any case, he ordered thick bread and cheese sandwiches and tea for Himmler and watched him closely as he ate. He noticed nothing."

While they waited for Col. Murphy to arrive, Selvester's intelligence people tried to get a rise out of Himmler by showing him photographs of the piled corpses and living skeletons the British had found at Buchenwald.

Himmler remained unmoved by the sight. "Am I responsible for the excesses of my subordinates?" he asked Selvester, "Did you hang Robespierre for the excesses of the sans-culottes?"

(Editor's Note: Maximilien Robespierre, a.k.a. the Incorruptible, was the leader of the short-lived "Republic of Virtue" during the French Revolution. He launched the Reign of Terror in 1792. No need to hang him. He was captured by his Illuminati political enemies during "the coup of Thermidor" in July 1794 and guillotined with his brother, Augustin, the following day.)

According to Padfield, "Colonel Murphy arrived at about eight that evening and had Himmler taken out unceremoniously in his blanket and bundled into his car. According to Herzog, Murphy was 'using all forms of epithets, including 'Come on, you bastard!' and 'We'll teach you!'"

Himmler was taken "to (British) Second Army headquarters outside Lueneburg, where an interrogation centre had been established in a red-roofed villa at No. 33 Uelznerstrasse...There, in a room on the first floor, Sergeant-Major Austin gave him much the same (rough) treatment."

New research into the evening's events "revealed that the official files on his (Himmler's) death had oddities, discrepancies and inconsistencies."

(1) "The autopsy performed on the corpse did not give the cause of death;"
(2) "A vital page had been retyped;" and
(3) "There was no message in the files of 21st Army Group, Field-Marshal Sir Bernard Montgomery's headquarters, reporting the event to London."

According to David Irving, "Now come documents from the (UK) Public Record Office (Record Group F 800, file 868) which provide more than just a smoking gun."

"The first, dated May 10, 1945, is a Personal and Secret letter on (UK) Foreign Office stationery from Sir John Wheeler-Bennett, later a noted Establishment and Royal historian, to the famous British agent Sir Robert Bruce-Lockhart, of the Political Intelligence Department-- which conducted Black propaganda against the enemy."

Sir John wrote, "Further to our meeting yesterday morning (May 9, 1945) I have been giving some serious thought to the little H situation."

"We cannot allow Himmler to take to the (witness) stand in any prospective prosecution, or indeed allow him to be interrogated by the Americans. Steps will therefore have to be taken to eliminate him as soon as he falls into our hands."

(Editor's Note: "Little H" was British intelligence's nickname for Himmler. "Big H" was Adolf Hitler.)

On May 12, 1945, Lockhart replied in handwriting, "I agree. I have arranged for Mr. Ingrams to go for a fortnight (two weeks--J.T.)."

Irving wrote, "The former Reichsfuehrer-SS was carrying a letter to Field-Marshal Sir Bernard Montgomery, the British field commander (which has vanished--D.I.) His only cyanide capsule was found in his clothing after he had been ordered to strip naked, and it was handed to (Col.) Michael Murphy, head of British Intelligence at the Second Army."

"According to The Illustrated London News story a few days later, a 'second' capsule was surrendered to the medical officer at Himmler's final destination, the ominous house at No. 31a Uelznerstrasse in Lueneburg, which raises a number of obvious questions."

"After his identification, according to the official accounts, Himmler had answered questions, eaten a thick British Army (cheese) sandwich, and been driven to the house in Lueneburg--from which he emerged dead."

"Although the British military files appear meticulous, even listing with suspicious detail every person in the room at the moment of death, many facts did not fit into place."

"The prisoner's nose had been broken (presumably by Sgt.-Major Austin--J.T.), according to The Illustrated London News artist who sketched the body."

"How had he (Himmler) obtained the cyanide capsule he had allegedly been hiding in his mouth (let alone answer questions and bite into that sandwich--D.I.)?"

"The capsule descriptions varied, and bore no resemblance to what the standard issue (Nazi) capsule actually looked like."

According to Padfield, the official time of Himmler's death was 11:04 p.m. on May 23, 1945.

"At 2:50 a.m. that night (it was now May 24, 1945-- D.I.) 'Mr. Thomas' wired from Bremen to the Foreign Office for Bruce-Lockhart in a Top Secret code: 'Further to my orders, we successfully intercepted H.H. last night at Lueneburg before he could be interrogated. As instructed, action was taken to silence him permanently. I issued orders that my presence in Lueneburg is not to be recorded in any fashion, and we may conclude that the H.H. problem is ended."

"Bruce-Lockhart significantly noted on this telegram, 'copy to PM'--i.e. to Churchill--May 25."

Two days later, on May 27, 1945, Churchill's confidant, Brendan Bracken, wrote to Lord Selborne at the Ministry of Economic Warfare: 'Further to the good news of the death of Little H, I feel that it is imperative that we maintain a complete news blackout on the exact circumstances of this most evil man's demise. I am sure that it it were to become public knowledge that we had a hand in this man's demise, it would have devastating repercussions for this country's standing.'"

"'I am also sure,' (continued Bracken) 'that this incident would complicate our relationship with our American brethren; under no circumstances must they discover that we eradicated 'Little H,' particularly so since we know they were keen to interrogate him themselves.'"

"Quite so," David Irving commented, "Britain's secret agents had secretly and criminally liquidated one of the most wanted men in history, for whose proper public trial and punishment the blood of millions of his victims cried out; and for no other visible reason than to conceal that for a few days toward the end of the war, Churchill had negotiated with him on peace terms."

But is that the reason why Churchill had Himmler murdered?

What if the motive was related not to diplomacy but to Himmler's New Age ties and background? There may have been certain topics Churchill did not wish to see aired at the Nuremberg trials. Such as Himmler's boyhood association with the theosophist Dr. Friedrich Wichtl; groups like the Thule Society, the Vril Society and the Artamen; Himmler's court sorcerer, Karl-Maria Wiligut; the SS castle at Wewelsburg; the SS-Ahenenerbe and their strange archaeological excavations throughout Europe; and the real purpose of the 1938 SS expedition to the Himalayas.

New Age beliefs also linked Himmler with the top strata of British society. Did Himmler correspond with Jiddu Krishnamurti and his mentor, Theosophical Society leader and mystic Annie Wood Besant, during the 1920s and 1930s? What ties, if any, did Churchill and his American- born mother, the former Jennie Jerome of New York City, have with Mrs. Besant at the beginning of the Twentieth Century?

(Editor's Note: Jennie was the daughter of Leonard Jerome, a Wall Street "plunger" or stock speculator of the Gilded Age USA.)

Stay tuned. Himmler's secrets are only just beginning to be revealed. (See The International Campaign for Real History releases for June 3 and June 5, 2005, "It's official. British secret service did murder SS chief Heinrich Himmler." Also, Himmler by Peter Padfield, MJF Books, New York, N.Y., 1990, pages 606 to 610.)

(Editor's Comment: And so, the Twentieth Century Fox Movietone newsreel of May 1945--narration by Lowell Thomas--about Himmler's death turns out to be about as real as Gene Tierney's movie of the same period, Leave Her to Heaven. Why is it we have to wait decades--if not centuries--for the real truth to become known?)

Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home- -UFO Roundup." See you next time!

UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO Roundup on their Web sites or in news groups provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue in which the item first appeared.


Site Map | Home | UFO Roundup Vol.10 | UFO Roundup | Report a Sighting
Site Search | Submissions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

URL: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/v10/rnd1025.shtml