UFO Roundup/UFOINFO LogoUFO Roundup/UFOINFO Logo

Volume 10
Number 38
September 21, 2005

Editor: Joseph Trainor

UFO Roundup and the UFOINFO site are operated on a "Not For Profit" basis. You can help to keep UFO Roundup operating by making a donation.


The UFO flap in UK's Essex region roared into its second week with new sightings in Loughton and Chigwell.

On Saturday, September 17, 2005, between 9 and 10 p.m., eyewitnesses in Chigwell, Essex saw ten orange UFOs crossing the sky.

Eyewitness Sharon Rodwell reported, "My neighbour and I watched a total of ten of these orange lights appear and then fade up into the sky. The first sighting was two orange lights that flew parallel at all times, from the centre of London towards our house in Chigwell. They then stopped, hovering for a few minutes, and then clearly skipped up into the sky until we could not see them any more."

"Just as they started to disappear, two more appeared on the horizon and followed the exact (flight) path and maneuvers. They also disappeared up into the night sky at the very same place."

"About 10 minutes later, three lights appeared again from the same place and flew the exact path as the other four."

"Then, approximately 20 minutes later, another three appeared and, like the others before them, followed the same path."

"They all made no noise; those that flew together were always flying parallel. They all appeared from the same place and disappeared in the same part of the night sky."

In Hainault, Essex, at approximately 9:30 p.m., eyewitness Victor S. reported, "We, my partner and I, had just left my parents' house, roundabout 9:30 p.m., just saying our goodbyes. My Dad was helping us carry a box of paper to the car. We halted at the front gate when something caught our eye above the house."

"It was two orange lights in the sky, slowly moving in the direction of the moon ...north-northwest. There they started to close in towards each other. Then they stopped. My Dad was there with me, watching all the time."

"My Dad then said, 'Hang on!' and ran inside the house and called for my Mum to come outside. I was standing frozen, watching the two orange lights, feeling nervous."

"As my Mum came through the front gate, she looked up and, after about one minute, said, 'Look!'"

"She pointed towards three orange lights travelling at the same speed, in a triangular formation. The three lights then seperated, and the top light and bottom lights then drifted apart and continued to travel."

"Then my brother, who had been fetched whilst the second set of lights was travelling, ran back into the house to grab the digital camera. He gave it to me, and I began to take pictures."

"Then a neighbour walked up the street and spoke to my Dad. He said he had seen the first two from his window and so came outside to get a better look."

"The three lights then stopped dead, and we all watched."

"The top and bottom lights (of the triangular formation--V.S.) went out of vision (view--J.T.) as the clouds moved around over them. We could still see the middle orange lights for approximately three minutes. Then my brother and myself saw it shoot off at amazing speed."

"We arrived back home and immediately checked the computer to see the pictures we had taken. They were amazing. When we saw them (with our eyes--V.S.), they were just orange balls of light. On the computer, however, there is a more defined shape to them."

At first "the speed appeared to be one of a floating balloon, but then it shot off at the speed of a jet--was incredibly fast."

On Friday, September 9, 2005, at 8:50 p.m., another witness reported, "I would describe the UFO as an actually flying craft which then put lights in the sky. They were definitely being unanswered. I am a skydiver and would say I have a good eye for the height of aircraft due to this. I would have placed the aircraft a lot higher than the other witnesses, 30,000 feet (9,000 meters) minimum."

"As I watched the three craft come across from the left, they were in a large triangular formation. They slowed as they came over the stones reserve at the back of my barn, which is a massive expanse of land 5 miles (8 kilometers) or so from Canary Wharf, London."

"They created a very tight triangular formation where they stayed for about one minute, still at the same altitude...Minutes later, three police cars went screaming past, in the direction of the UFOs. I had a (copy of the) National Press" and learned that "the police were called out because they had been inundated with calls of UFO sightings."

On Saturday, September 10, 2005, a fourth witness reported, "Myself and my family saw the UFO. It was 8:35 p.m. I was in my garden and, for some reason, I looked up, and to my amazement, I saw three orange glowing balls of light. I knew it straight away that these were not aircraft of any kind. Loughton is close to Stanstead, and aircraft are a common sight in the sky, but then this object had no sound, and they say this was the most frightening thing we've ever seen in the sky."

"I went inside to grab my camcorder and my still camera. I managed to get some footage of the UFOs and some still shots. In fact, there were two or three different times the objects passed by. The first was seen at 8:35 p.m., and then another one at 8:45 p.m., and a further one at 8:55 p.m. Each time they passed, they moved at the same rate of speed, with a lead craft and two behind, sometimes the three then moving to form a triangle shape." (Email Form Reports, also many thanks to ufologist Brian Vike for the Friday report.)


On Thursday, September 15, 2005, eyewitness Mel C. was outdoors in Fife, Scotland, UK when "four or five white glows, looking the same as a reflected spotlight in the clouds, were rotating in a wide circular formation. Stopping before one full turn, then reversing. Reflection was angled a few meters above but with no aircraft seen and no (light) beam emitting from the ground. The lights traveled a distance of 12 miles (20 kilometers) over the countryside, anywhere withing a 15-mile (25-kilometer) radius."

"A radio announcement of the sighting was made, stating that thousands had seen these mysterious lights. I believe it was on Radio Forth."

On Monday, September 12, 2005, eyewitness Jeff C. was outdoors in his hometown of Knottingley, West Yorkshire, UK when he saw something unusual approaching from the north-northwest.

"I was looking at the Great Bear (Ursa Major--J.T.) constellation from my back door," Jeff reported, "and I saw two fast orange lights. I thought it was a light aircraft travelling southeast. As it travelled, lots more little orange lights came into view in a V shape. I watched it for about eight seconds as it went out of view over the rooftop."

"There were lots of small orange lights forming a V shape rather like a boomerang. No sound, but about the same height (altitude--J.T.) and speed as a light aircraft." (Email Form Reports)


On Tuesday, September 13, 2005, "a major UFO sighting took place" in Mexico City "just minutes after an official event involving President Vicente A. Fox had taken place."

"According to Gerardo Martinez Fernandez, a reporter for Grupo Imagen, President Fox inaugurated the new dining room at Escola Reino Unito de Gran Bretana primary school, which is located in the capital's Coronel del Valle district."

"Only a few minutes prior to the First Citizen's (President Fox's--J.T.) arrival, many witnesses were able to see a shiny spherical object in the sky. An anonymous girl granted an interview to Martinez Fernandez, and the girl explained that the UFO resembled 'a very shiny star.'"

Martinez Fernandez reported, "On September 13, I covered an event involving President Fox on the Avenida Coyoacan and was amazed to see many people directing their attention upward. Upon getting out of the vehicle, I was told that they were watching an unidentified flying object."

"Personally, I didn't get to see it, but I asked other reporters if they knew anything about this strange event. Jesus Cardenas of Televisa told me that his cameraman had gotten it on film." (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Ana Luisa Cid Fernandez para esas noticias.)


On Sunday, August 28, 2005, eyewitness Nekk reported, "My first sighting occurred after visiting a neighbor while walking here" in Grass Valley, California (population 10,922) "The distance between our houses is that of a football field."

The sighting "involved a craft of solid light with an orange-red force field around it. It was a circular orangeness cruising in a dead-quiet manner. As it moved, heading in a northeasterly direction, and at about 2,000 to 3,000 feet (600 to 900 meters), it adjusted its course in a way no human craft could manuever. It would turn on a dime, instantly turning with immediate results."

From Monday, August 29, 2005 to Saturday, September 3, 2005, Nekk continued to see UFO activity over his hometown. He added, "The other six sightings were of aircraft traveling with the constellations."

Nekk explained that he was tired and ready to go to bed, when, suddenly, "my instincts told me to go outside and look at the stars. I could no longer ignore the urge and got out of bed and went outside to see what was up. That's when I saw it--a solid white glowing craft with a reddish force field. Very strange. It was moving at about the speed of a fighter plane, but it was larger than a (Boeing) 747 passenger plane."

Grass Valley, Cal. is on Highway 20 about 35 miles (58 kilometers) northeast of Sacramento, the state capital. (Email Form Report)


On Friday, September 16, 2005, at 4:30 a.m., eyewitness Juan Ramon Montoya reported, "My dogs awakened me to take them out to the backyard. I noticed the sky was clear, no clouds. It was still dark and the stars were out. I was looking up at the stars when I noticed a bright circular light coming from the northwest. The light moved steadily and smoothly towards the south. It moved back and forth very smoothly without any jerky movements. There was no sign of any flashing (navigation) lights that airplanes have. It had a very bright glowing white light. I watched as the light just seemed to follow the pattern of the stars across the dark sky. It then turned and headed towards a peak on the (western) horizon."

Chandler is located 12 miles (20 kilometers) southeast of Phoenix, the state capital and Arizona's largest city. (Email Form Report)


On Monday, September 12, 2005, eyewitness Mike W. reported, "While walking in a northerly direction" in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada (population 72,738), "I observed a pair of flashing white and one red light (on the same craft--M.W.) travelling in a northerly direction. The lights were very high in the sky, and they moved in a northeasterly direction," over Lake Huron.

"Continuing to look skyward as I turned the corner, I walked west, and I observed another set of the same type of lights--two white and one red--travelling due west. They stopped in mid-air, then they moved towards the lights I'd just sighted in a northeasterly direction."

"On the second object, the blinking red light was on the left side as it began going east, without turning, as if it was going backwards."

Sarnia, Ont. is on the south shore of Lake Huron, located about 175 miles (240 kilometers) west-southwest of Toronto, Canada's largest city. (Email Form Report)


On Sunday, August 21, 2005, a group of 12 campers, 7 adults and 5 children, were hiking on the Demedzhi Plateau, between North Demedzhi Mountain and Stol-Gora (Russian for Table-Top--J.T.) Mountain when they encountered a family or tribe of Kapustin, a hairy man- beast common to the Crimea and the Caucasus and similar to North America's Bigfoot or Australia's Yowie.

"On that Sunday, Ivan S., 21, and his group of 12 tourists were spending their second day camped on the plateau between North Demedzhi Mountain and Stol-Gora Mountain," Crimean ufologist Anton A. Anfalov reported, "The night was very bright with a full moon."

"The kids went to sleep early. The adults stayed up a while. Ivan's assistant, Sasha (Russian nickname for Aleksander--J.T.) and several of the men went outside of the camp to answer a call of nature. When they returned, they looked terrified, trembling with fear and nearly scared to death."

"And then everyone heard a frightful growl near the camp."

"'Then we went back out to the scene, all dressed in a greenish military camoflauge,' Sasha was quoted as saying, 'I was armed with the camp axe. In that moment, we saw strange creatures, looking like naked men, quite nearby.'"

"'There were three creatures,' Sasha said, 'And they were about 6 meters (20 feet) away from us. The hairy humanoids were 2 to 2.5 meters in height (about 6 feet, 6 inches to 8 feet tall--J.T.). The true height of these creatures is hard to estimate because they were all crouched down and balancing themselves on their fists, like large apes. All three were growling at us. Their faces were very hairy, almost without wrinkles, and their eyes were not shiny at all. Their necks were set or positioned very low, even among their children, almost as if they had no necks. From behind, they had something like humps'" on the spine.

"Sasha was standing closer and saw that the hairy creatures had some kind of lighter outgrowth, like light fur for their necks and eyebrows."

"Witnesses said they could not tell if the creatures were male or female."

"The creatures were highly aggressive. The witnesses were terribly scared." The beasts' noise woke the children who "fell into a hysterical state. Girls were crying and screaming, 'Call someone!'"

The standoff lasted for about 45 minutes. "Sasha then said he couldn't wait any more. Finally, the creatures turned and bounded away," with a strange ape- like bouncing leap.

The campers spent a sleepless night around their fire. "People were trembling from fear and waiting for the dawn. In the morning, Ivan and the others went back to the site but unfortunately did not find any traces of the mysterious night visitors within the dense beech forest. The land was covered with thick layers of fallen leaves." (See the Ukrainian newspaper Situation for September 8, 2005. Many thanks to Anton A. Anfalov and Prina Shahno for this news story.)


A court in Caracas, the capital of Venezuela, "ordered the arrest of a 19-year-old woman and her 44- year-old mother for the alleged murder of a two-month-old baby during a Satanic ritual held Monday," September 12, 2005.

"The murder of the child--nephew and grandchild to the women--was committed in a poor neighborhood of Caracas," one of the largest cities in South America, "and was preceded by a ceremony, in which, according to the press, a dog was sacrificed and its blood poured over the participants."

"All versions of the story agree that the 'celebrant' of the ritual was Monica Castro, 19, the baby's aunt. The child was beaten to death after being subjected to chilling tortures."

"Castro told (Venezuelan) police that she was incited by her sister, Virginia, 29, the baby's mother, who was strangled 15 days ago under unclear circumstances. The mother allegedly ordered, from beyond the grave, that 'the child be slain to give its soul to the Devil.'"

According to police, "at the height of the ritual, Monica ran out into the street, nude and bathed in the dog's blood, screaming. Her shouts alarmed the neighbors, who called the police. The authorities arrived just in time to keep Monica from being lynched when the child's death was discovered."

"The court also ordered the arrest of Marisabel Suarez, her mother, for being present at the ceremony and doing nothing to stop it. A psychiatric examination has been ordered for Monica."

"Investigations began after a 15-year-old was arrested in the alleged murder of his mother, Miriam Padron, and of college student Lissbeth Quintero on August 10, 2005."

"The prosecutor's office recalled that Padron and Quintero were stabbed 37 times."

"Police found 'a variety of artifacts employed in performing Satanic rituals.'" (Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Jose Manuel Duran para esas noticias.)


"The federal official with the power to mobilize a massive federal response to Hurricane Katrina was Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, not the former FEMA chief who was relieved of his duties and reassigned, federal documents reviewed by Knight-Ridder (newspapers) show."

"Even before the storm struck the Gulf Coast" three weeks ago, "Chertoff could have ordered federal agencies into action without any request from state or local officials. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) chief Michael Brown had only limited authority to do so until about 36 hours after the storm hit, when Chertoff designated him as the 'principal federal official' in charge of the storm."

"As thousands of hurricane victims went without food, water and shelter in the days after Katrina's August 29 (2005) landfall, critics assailed Brown for being responsible for delays that might have cost hundreds of lives."

"But Chertoff--not Brown--was in charge of managing the national response to a catastrophic disaster, according to the National Response Plan, the federal (USA) government's blueprint for how agencies will handle major natural disasters or terrorist incidents. An order issued by President (Geroge W.) Bush in 2003 also assigned that responsibility to the homeland security director."

"But according to a memo obtained by Knight Ridder, Chertoff didn't shift that power to Brown until late afternoon or evening on August 30, about 36 hours after Katrina hit Louisiana and Mississippi. That same memo suggests that Chertoff may have been confused about his lead role in the disaster response and that of his department."

"'As you know, the President has established the 'White House Task Force on Hurricane Katrina Response.' He will meet with us tomorrow to launch this effort. The Department of Homeland Security, along with other Departments, will be part of the task force and will assist the Administration with its response to Hurricane Katrina,' Chertoff said in his memo to" Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and other members of the Cabinet.

"On the day that Chertoff wrote the memo, Bush was in San Diego presiding over a ceremony marking the 60th Anniversary of the end of World War II."

"Chertoff's August 30 memo for the first time declared Katrina an 'Incident of National Significance,' a key designation that triggers swift federal coordination."

"That same day, August 31, the Department of Defense, whose troops and equipment are crucial in such large disasters activated its Task Force Katrina. But active- duty troops didn't begin to arrive in large numbers along the Gulf Coast until September 3 (2005)."

"White House and homeland security officials wouldn't explain why Chertoff waited 36 hours to declare Katrina an incident of national significance; and why he didn't immediately direct the federal response from the moment on (Saturday) August 27 (2005) when the National Hurricane Center predicted that Katrina would strike the Gulf Coast with catastrophic force in 48 hours."

"Nor would they explain why Bush felt the need to appoint a separate task force."

Two days after Katrina, on Wednesday, August 31, 2005, "President Bush went on national television to announce a massive federal rescue and relief effort."

"But orders to move didn't reach key active military units for another three days."

"Once they received them, it took just eight hours for 3,600 troops from the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to be on the ground in Louisiana and Mississippi with vital search-and-rescue helicopters."

"Another 2,500 soon followed from the 1st Cavalry Division at Fort Hood, Texas."

"'If the 1st Cav and the 82nd Airborne had gotten there on time, I think we would have saved some lives,' said Gen. Julius Becton Jr., who was the director of FEMA under President (Ronald W.) Reagan from 1985 to 1989. 'We recognized we had to get people out, and they had helicopters to do that.'"

"Several emergency response experts, however, questioned whether Bush and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff understood how much authority they had to tap all of the resources of the federal government-- including those of the Department of Defense."

"Chertoff, who aides said has been engaged in the response of Hurricane Katrina, went to Atlanta (Georgia) the day after the storm hit (August 30) for a previously- scheduled briefing on avian flu. Aides also conceded that Washington officials were unable to confirm that that the levees in New Orleans had failed until midday on August 30. The breaches were discovered in Louisiana about 32 hours earlier."

Michael Greenberger, "the Maryland homeland security expert, said he wonders whether Chertoff and other top federal officials understand the National Response Plan or even had read it before Katrina."

"'Everything he did and everything he has said strongly suggests that the plan was never read,' Greenberger said of Chertoff.

(Editor's Comment: Or at least never followed. A simple phone call to Mayor Nagin's office the evening of August 29, 2005 would have gotten confirmation of the breach of the three levees.)

"Chertoff was in Gulfport, Miss. on Friday," September 16, 2005, "to participate in the Harrison County National Day of Prayer and Remembrance. He took no questions from reporters. Homeland Security officials didn't return calls for comment." (See the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune for September 14, 2005, "Memo: Chertoff delayed federal response," page 10A; and for September 18, 2005, "Military orders delayed," pages 1A and 7A.)


The official story is that runaway barges crashed into the three levees--along the Industrial Canal, the 17th Street Canal and the London Street Canal--in New Orleans. The levees then collapsed, allowing thousands of cubic miles of Lake Pontchartrain to flood the hurricane- ravaged city.

But there are those in the U.S. military who dispute that claim.

"Divers inspecting the levee walls surrounding New Orleans found something that piqued their interest--burn marks on underwater debris, including chunks from the broken levee wall."

"One diver, a member of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, saw the burn marks and understood how something had caused them. He secreted a chunk of concrete under his wetsuit and later arranged for it to be sent to a trusted military friend at the U.S. Army Forensics Laboratory at Fort Gillem, Georgia for testing."

"According to well-placed military sources, a forensic specialist determined that the burn marks on the concrete didn't, in fact, come from high explosives. The officer, speaking on conditions of anonymity, said, 'We discovered traces of boron-enhanced fluoronitroamino explosives, as well as POXN-3. That would indicate at least two separate types of explosive devices."

"The flooding of New Orleans did not take place during Hurricane Katrina but rather a day after the hurricane struck. Several residents of New Orleans and many emergency workers reported hearing what sounded like muffled explosives from the area of the levees." But these reports were "dismissed as gas explosions from homes with leaking gas lines."

A few investigators are questioning the timeline of the levee breaches, "suggesting that there was a 21-hour discrepancy between the (hurricane's) storm surge and the collapse of the levees. The first levee broke just a few hours after the hurricane's passage."

Residents of the Ninth Ward claim to have heard several explosions just before the first levee broke.

One resident, Andrea Galand, commented, "They had to prevent Uptown from being flooded. Apparently, they turned towards dynamite, then flooded parts of the Baywater. So now I know who's responsible for flooding my house--not Katrina but our own government." (See Farm Team News for September 10, 2005. Many thanks to Bob Liggett for this article.)


Biloxi, Mississippi (population 50,644), once the unofficial capital of "the Redneck Riviera" and now largely destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, has apparently become the first city in the USA to fall under occupation by the New World Order.

"The Marines have landed in Biloxi--the Mexican Marines. And Dutch Marines, as well."

"For the first time since the Nineteenth Century, Mexican troops landed Friday," September 9, 2005, "on U.S. soil, sent from the Mexican Navy ship ARM Papaloapan (Nahuatl for River of Butterflies--J.T.), anchored near the USS Bataan."

"Marines from Mexico, Holland (the Netherlands--J.T.) and the U.S. are part of an international Hurricane Katrina cleanup effort, building up on ships about 20 miles (32 kilometers) offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. Four Canadian ships are on the way."

"'Our president (Vicente Fox--J.T.) called George Bush and three days later we came here,' said Oscar Martinez Pretelin, a fleet or admiral rank officer aboard the Papaloapan, a 440-foot long U.S.-built troop landing ship."

"'We are honored to help the United States,' Pretelin told press and television reporters Thursday," September 8, 2005, aboard the Mexican ship."

"About 75 Mexican Marines landed Thursday on the beach just east of Beau Rivage casino to begin cleaning up Biloxi, especially around schools and churches."

"Mexican Marine Mario T. Rodriguez said he left a small city in the far south of Mexico to volunteer for hurricane-relief duty. He said he has a three-month-old daughter with his wife at home."

"'I am happy. I am very happy. The U.S. is so rich, but even a rich country can need help,' he said."

"The Mexican Marines will be aided by Spanish- speaking members of the Bataan's crew as they work the devastated areas of Biloxi and Gulfport, said Journalism Chief Dave Fitz of the Bataan."

"For the first time in the history of the Mexican military, women have been assigned to a military mission,' said Lt. Leonardo Tun Humbert of the Papaloapan."

"Three female physicians and two nurses from the Mexican Navy are aboard the ship waiting to be assigned to hurricane relief work."

"Lt. Ruben Pascual, 34, of Veracruz, Mexico, is a member of the Papaloapan's medical staff who will begin working today in the hurricane devastated areas."

"'Our job is to give support to the people. We must support all the people who need medical help. We are proud to be of help,' he said."

"Sgt. Carmen Rodriguez Cruz, a 26-year-old nurse from Veracruz, is part of the history-making contingent of female Mexican military."

"'We are trained, and we will help,' Rodriguez said through an interpreter."

"The Dutch ship, the Van Amstel, is a heavily-armed frigate that was pulled off a drug patrol near Aruba after Katrina struck on August 29 (2005)."

"The Van Amstel's Lt. Commander Henk Suurveld, the ship's second-in-command, said his men will patrol the bay to make sure pleasure craft don't interfere with military rescue operations."

"A contingent of about 70 Dutch Marines also landed on the beach in Biloxi Thursday to clean up neighborhoods."

"'The devastation is terrible. It is horrible. For us, job satisfaction is helping out in a situation like this,' Suurveld said."

"A minor culture shock for members of the Mexican Navy was learning that the commander of the Bataan, Capt. Nora Tyson, was a woman. The Bataan is an 844-foot-long ship equipped with six helicopters that began rescue operations in New Orleans the day after Katrina struck."

"The ship was shifted to the Biloxi area on Thursday."

"'We were surprised to find a woman commanding a ship,' said Pretelin, the Mexican Navy fleet officer. 'We found her very professional, very well-mannered.'"

"'It's the same hard job for a woman as it is for a man,' said Tyson, with a smile, during an interview in her ship's headquarters."

"'I have a very good crew. They are dedicated,' she said, 'And we'll stay as long as we're needed." (See the Biloxi, Miss. Sun-Herald for September 9, 2005, "Mexico, Holland send troops to Biloxi.")

(Editor's Comment: Still reeling in shock, readers? Sit down, have a drink of water and take a deep breath. There's more to come. NATO is sending more troops to occupy New Orleans and "the Redneck Riviera." Read on...)


"NATO began its mission to airlift aid to the United States on Sunday, sending a cargo plane to the Czech Republic to load up with blankets, camp beds and tents bound for the stricken Gulf Coast."

"The converted Boeing 707 was expected to fly the Czech supplies to Little Rock, Arkansas, on Monday," September 12, 2005, "in the first such flight since the 26 NATO allies agreed Friday," September 9, 2005, "to mobilize planes and ships to rush aid to regions hit by Hurricane Katrina."

"'The NATO alliance is ready to do its part in diminishing' the suffering caused by the hurricane, said NATO Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Schaeffer.

"De Hoop Schaeffer said the alliance will need at least two large transport ships from its elite NATO Response Force with a capacity to carry 600 military trucks."

The Boeing 707 is one of several "aircraft used to train crews for the alliance's fleet of AWACS surveillance planes."

"Two ships from Denmark and Norway were due to load up with more heavy cargo for the United States under the command of the elite NATO Response Force."

"Once loaded, they are expected to take about 14 days to cross the Atlantic, said a statement last Saturday," September 10, 2005, "from NATO's military command in southern Belgium. The ships can carry the equivalent of 600 large trucks."

"The United States first asked NATO for help on Sunday, September 4, 2005."

This was one day after President Bush unilaterally revoked the Posse Comitatus Act and sent active-duty regular Army troops from the 82nd Airborne Division and the 1st Cavalry Division into New Orleans.

But not everyone in the USA is enchanted with the idea of armed foreign troops patrolling American streets.

"This was predicted ten years ago by Mark Koernke (better known as short-wave radio talk show host Mark from Michigan--J.T.)," said "Patricia of the Militia," who added, "I'll bet that's why he's still in jail. He knew too much about NATO's long-term plans."

"So Poppy Junior is giving Texas back to Mexico, and Louisiana back to France," commented Jim Danvers, "Who do you suppose is going to get custody of Mississippi, Joe?"

"That's an easy one--Israel," UFO Roundup editor Joseph Trainor replied, "Practically nobody in the USA has ever heard of Theodor Herzl or the book he wrote back in 1904 entitled The Jewish State. Herzl was a Jewish journalist from Vienna who covered the anti-Semitic uprisings in France in 1898 and the Captain Dreyfuss case during the same period. It was Herzl who fleshed out the ideas for a Jewish state in Palestine in his 1904 book. Herzl also thought his future state would need colonies, specifically 'farm colonies along the Mississippi River and the River Plate (Rio de la Plata in Argentina--J.T.).' I've always wondered what the USA's president at the time of the book's publication, Teddy Roosevelt, would have thought about those 'farm colonies in Mississippi.' But there's no telling if T.R. ever read Herzl's book."

"Of course, Mississippi just won't be the same under Israeli rule. No more Confederate flags. No more pretty girls in Daisy Dukes. No more good old boys riding around in pickup trucks with a shotgun on the rack and a hound dog hanging out the side window. Just a whole lot of black-hat, weird-beard Hasidic Jews bowing their asses off. Kishke King replaces Burger King. Under enlightened Israeli rule, barbarian Mississippi will be raised upward, ever upward, until it looks just like the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn." (See the Ashland, Wis. Daily Press for September 11, 2005, "NATO begins mission to aid Katrina victims." Many thanks to Rick Halvorsen, Jim Danvers and others for this news story.)


Jackie Doucette of Gulfport, Miss. pointed out a strange anomaly of Hurricane Katrina, which destroyed most of her hometown and Biloxi, Miss. three weeks ago.

U.S. 90 in Biloxi is known as the heart of "the Redneck Riviera" and used to have wall-to-wall gambling casinos, cocktail lounges, strip clubs and other centers of adult entertainment. Not any more, though. Katrina's record-breaking storm surge of 29 feet (8.8 meters) demolished every building along that highway.

Except one.

"A church I used to attend when I lived in Biloxi-- St. Michael the Archangel (Roman) Catholic Church--is still standing after the hurricane," Jackie reported, "While the casinos that surrounded the church were destroyed. The church is a circular structure. It's located directly across U.S. 90 from the Copa and the Grand Casinos."

"A statue of St. Michael the Archangel is located on top of the church and faces the water (the Gulf of Mexico- -J.T.)."

UFO Roundup correspondent Rose Flaherty claims that Hurricane Katrina was predicted back in 1935--70 years ago--by a stigmatic nun from Belgium whose case for canonization is before the Vatican.

Berthe Petit (1870-1943) was a Third Order Franciscan nun, born at Enghien, who lived for decades in the convent. She had her first vision of Jesus at the age of four. Forty years later, on September 3, 1914, Berthe was again visited by an apparition of Jesus Christ, who asked her if she would become a "victim soul."

(Editor's Note: Roman Catholics believe that "victim souls" are saints who willingly share in the suffering of Christ.)

Upon her acceptance of the offer, on December 29, 1930, Berthe began to manifest the stigmata--wounds on the head, hands and feet approximating those suffered by Jesus on the cross.

During this apparition, Jesus warned, "I curse the arrogant people who slight Me and who persecute the true faith using My name and authority...It is in the crushing of this pride that My punishment will be manifested."

In 1935, Berthe had visions of a monstrous hurricane. "The human race will have to go through a great storm that will sharpen divisions among men and reduce their plans to ashes."

"As late as May 1938, Mary reappeared with tears on her face. Her message concerned the sinful nature of the world."

Berthe died in 1943 at the age of 73. (See Voices, Visions and Apparitions by Michael Freze, S.F.O., Our Sunday Visitor Publishing Division, Helena, Montana, 1993, pages 40, 128, 134, 135, 180, 262 and 281. Many thanks to Rose Flaherty for this news story.)

>From the UFO Files...


Two weeks ago, the WB announced that it was retiring Michigan J. Frog as its network mascot. (Awwwwww!--J.T.) So I guess Mich will be returning to his former career of popping out of courthouse cornerstones and singing old Broadway show tunes.

And he's not the only one.

Toad in the hole! or the embedded toad syndrome is another long-running weird phenomenon in Forteana. It doesn't happen often, but it happens often enough to be way beyond the realm of coincidence.

In his 1985 thesis, Toad in the Hole, Fortean researcher Bob Skinner wrote, "For centuries, reports have occasionally been made of surprising discoveries of living animals--particularly toads and frogs--found totally enclosed within the solid substances of rocks, the trunks of trees, or deep beds of clay. How such accounts can be explained, and the truth and accuracy of the observations, has long been the subject of debate and often of great controversy."

"Although the so-called 'Toad in the Hole' or entombed toad phenomenon is one of the better documented of unexplained mysteries, and several instances have been reported in recent years, the majority of people are unaware of these reports, and no detailed study or catalogue of cases has been published for more than a century."

Here are a few of the more interesting cases Bob Skinner turned up in that wacky Fortean newspaper, the New York Times.

(1) "Cumberland (Maryland), Dec. 23 (1906) - John Savage, a miner in the Enterprise mine at Buck Hill, a suburb of Lonaconing, this county, was very much astonished yesterday, he says, when, in breaking a lump of coal, a live frog jumped out of it and hopped around his feet."

"Savage says the hole in the lump in which the animal may have snoozed for centuries was not large enough to allow any room for exercise."

"Many other miners say they saw the discovery. The frog measured six and a half inches (16.25 centimeters). It lived for some time after it was released."

Lonaconing, Md. is on Highway 38 about 35 miles (58 kilometers) southwest of Cumberland.

(2) In the New York Times of March 4, 1928, H.H. Emmons of Canton, Ohio wrote, "Many years ago, when I was a young man in Columbiana County, Ohio (about 15 miles or 25 kilometers east of Canton--J.T.), one of the workmen in a small stone quarry, in splitting a large solid sandstone, accidentally liberated, in my presence and in the presence of others, a toad that on being given air and sunlight, immediately became alive. This sandstone had been blasted out from under ten to fifteen (3 to 4.5 meters) of earth, after which it was then split open. The imprint of the toad was impressed in the solid sandstone. The toad had evidently been embedded in the stone for thousands of years."

(3) "Marshfield (Oregon), Nov. 16 (1929) - A frog with claws, found alive fifty feet (15 meters) underground in a mining claim in the Sixes Mountains has been sent to the University of Oregon."

"The head is twice as big as an ordinary frog's and much out of proportion to the body. The color of the body is that of the clay in which it was buried."

(4) "Oklahoma City, Sept. 29 (1930) - "Three small toads, estimated by J.B. Thoburn, curator of the State (Oklahoma) Historical Society, to have been buried in an Indian mound for at least 300 to 400 years, have been excavated alive near Gate in Northwestern Oklahoma."

"Mr. Thoburn found the toads at depths varying from 3 to 4 feet (0.9 to 1.3 meters). They were brought to the State Historical Society Museum at the Capitol, but later may be turned over to biologists of the University of Oklahoma."

"'Each of these creatures was found in a dormant condition, with eyes and lips sealed shut, in a small cavity in the midst of compact earth,' the curator said."

"'Within the brief space of a few moments, however, the eyes opened and the small amphibian recovered its long-lost ability to hop about with all of the agility of a toad which always lived in the open.'"

Gate, Okla. is on Highway 64 about 100 miles (160 kilometers) west-northwest of Enid (Where else?--J.T.).

(5) "Franklin (Pennsylvania), July 12 (1931) - "Buried alive in masonry laid sixty-three years ago, a toad, which workmen say must have been trapped there all that time, was discovered in demolition operations, hopped blindly around in the unaccustomed daylight, and twelve hours later, died."

"The toad was found yesterday, trapped in a crevice in the stone steps to the Venango County Court House, to which an addition is being erected."

"J.E. Ludwig, the contractor, said those steps were put in place in 1868. Close inspection showed that the toad had no opportunity to find its way into the crevice after the steps were constructed, he declared."

Franklin, Pa. is on Routes 322 and 965, located about 40 miles (64 kilometers) north of Pittsburgh.

While embedded toads have been popping out of rocks since the Age of Pericles, there has never been a report of any of them singing My Ragtime Gal. In that, at least, Michigan J. Frog is still unique. (See the New York Times for December 24, 1906, "Live frog in a coal lump;" for March 4, 1928, "Tests for toads;" for November 17, 1929, "Miners find clawed frog;" for September 30, 1930, "Three toads, buried 300 years, hop when dug out of mound;" and for July 13, 1931, "Pennsylvanians say toad lived 63 years buried alive." See also Toad in the Hole, Fortean Times Occasional Paper No. 2 for 1985, by Bob Skinner, pages 3 and 40.)

Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days for more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the planet Earth, brought to you by "the paper that goes home- -UFO Roundup." See you next time.

UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2005 by Masinaigan Productions, all rights reserved. Readers may publish news items from UFO Roundup on their Web sites or in news groups provided that they credit the newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue in which the item first appeared.


Site Map | Home | UFO Roundup Vol.10 | UFO Roundup | Report a Sighting
Site Search | Submissions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

URL: http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/v10/rnd1038.shtml