Skip to main content.

UFO Sighting Report - Canada

June 30th/July 1st 2007 : Etobicoke, Ontario

Etobicoke, Ontario Object Appeared To Be Triangular In Shape

Date: June 30/July 1, 2007
Time: 11:00 p.m. -1:30 a.m.

Location of Sighting: Etobicoke, Ontario.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 2
Shape of objects: Looked triangular.

Full Description of event/sighting: Hi Brian,

My name is (removed) and I wish to report a sighting witnessed by myself and my wife starting at 11:30pm on the night of June 30 2007 and ending at about 1:30am on July 1 2007.

We were watching television in our living room (we live on the top floor of a condo building in Etobicoke, Ontario which faces east). I got up to open the window in the bedroom (which is down the hall) in order to get some fresh air in the room before retiring as I always do. I pulled up the blinds and saw what looked like a plane getting ready to land at Pearson Airport, which is literally a few miles north of our location. As I watched for a few moments, I noticed that this "plane" wasn't moving. As I watched for a couple more minutes and letting my eyes adjust to the darkness outside, I watched as this craft started making strange movements; almost like dropping a feather which drifts downwards from side to side, but then it would move back up to it's original position. It was also making very jerky movements up and down and from side to side. At this point, I called my wife to come in and have a look. She watched as it moved and jerked about but basically staying in the same general area of the sky.

The object was perhaps 2000 feet high and had three lights on each corner of what looked to be a triangular body. I can't tell you how big it was, but I would guess that it was the size of a small jet or private plane. The thing that really struck me was that it had two pastel-green lights on two of the corners, and one red light on the third corner. The two green lights were pretty well always the same brightness, although they did seem to dim from time to time. The red light was also solid, except just before the object was about to move, the red light seemed to get "excited" and started flashing quickly (not evenly) before seeming to extend as if on a tether then was followed by the two green lights. In essence, it made the first move and almost looked like it "pulled" the rest of the craft where it wanted to go. As soon as the craft got to it's new location (perhaps 100 feet away), the red light became solid again. This same pattern repeated itself over and over again! I decided to try and get this on video, so I took video with three separate cameras but unfortunately the object can't be seen in the film. Although they were very plain to a human viewer watching live, the lights were relatively dim for a camera to pick up.

Please understand that the object was very close to the flight path at Pearson. When I first saw the object (about 11:30pm EST on June 30, 2007), there seemed to be no planes taking off from Pearson. Then after about 20 to 30 minutes, flights could again be seen taking off again (from West to East). What was interesting was that the planes that turned towards Lake Ontario (heading south) seemed to intentionally avoid this part of the sky and looked as if they were going "around" them.

At about 1:00am on July 1st (2 hours into the event), a second object appeared out of nowhere and seemed more excited, agitated or active than the first. When the second one appeared, the first object gained in elevation and seemed to "park" while the second object repeated the maneuvers that we witnessed the first one do earlier, but faster and more aggressively. We watched both objects for another 30 minutes, and then I witnessed something very strange.

The second object started going down in elevation until it looked like it was hovering directly over the roof of an apartment building not too far away for at least a few minutes. (Please note that there was never any sound throughout this entire ordeal, so it was not a helicopter. Not to mention that helicopters cannot move like this).

Then the first object started to descend as well until we simply lost sight of them. From our perspective, it looked like at least one of them landed in the Humber River valley but I cannot say that with any certainty.

While this was all happening, I called CITY-TV NEWS and 680 NEWS in Toronto and asked them to send a camera crew to an area just south of Pearson airport and look east and about 20 degrees up and you couldn't miss them! I thought for sure that hundreds of people must have seen them because they were so low and so obvious! But not a word was mentioned in the media the next day, and I was told on the phone that I was the "first one" to report this. I would be interested to hear if anyone else in Toronto witnessed this very interesting event. Thanks.

Thank you to the witness for their interesting report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research.
The Vike Report Blog:

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

[UFOINFO thanks Brian Vike for passing this report on.]